district 1

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: I don't normally listen to 10 minute long tracks but I'm waiting for dinner so I figured, what the heck. Anyway, starting out pleasant enough (yes, doing this in real time) and curious as to where it's going to go. A 10 minute piece should have quite a bit of variance. Right now it seems like very subtle variations on the theme, which is fine for a short period. Ah there we go. About 3 minutes in some variation to another theme. Okay, now I'm liking where this is going. Waiting for more development. Sensing some build around 4 minutes before the drop off. Yeah, this is progressing nicely. Like an adventure. If this continues for the next 5 minutes, you've got something quite interesting and definitely not the same old same old. Getting a little dark and moody around 5 minutes in. Starting to venture off into Vurt land with the weirdness. Birds? Now it sounds like something out of a soundtrack. Getting an ethnic vibe from some of those instruments. We've really gotten off the main road here. And the tempo picks up around 6:30. Are we coming in for the big finish? Might be too early still. I might have made the moody section a little longer but I'll reserve judgment to see how this plays out. In the meantime, loving some of these synth sounds. Would love to know what you used on this track. Well, we're 8 minutes in and I'm waiting for the big finish. Maybe not? Maybe something subtle and subdued? This could go in so many directions at this point. Ah, seems to be drifting a bit into drone territory with a little melody over the top. We're at 9:30 and it seems like this one's just gonna die down at the end. Yep, as I suspected. Very well done. For a 10 minute piece, it was actually quite short. Kept my interest. Can't ask for more than that.

hi thnks for listening :-) instrument are nordlead a1 and access virus snow and digitakt for drums and voicesamples thats are in the beginning
Last edited by janke on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

janke wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:47 pm hi thnks for listening :-) instrument are nordlead a1 and access virus snow
Ah, so all hardware. Nice.

Really enjoyed this. It has a lovely unhurried feel but enough changes to keep it interesting. Didn't seem too long to me...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Yeah a nice journey! Thanks for posting it. Vocals are very effective at helping the really interesting mood. One thing would of been nice is in the longer percussive section is to maybe change the drums up a little. But then again it could mess with the mood of the song too much or something. You did manage to keep it interesting throughout. Really nice job.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Thanks that you listen and thank for the tips to make it better

Return to “Music Cafe”