Native Instruments Effects underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm
dangayle wrote:The Solid Mix plugins are good, but just kinda Meh sounding. Their other two vintage compressor/EQ lines are pretty great sounding, but there’s just something about them all that I found dreadfully uninspiring. It might be as simple as the GUIs, they are extremely clean GUIs, but very cold feeling, which is exactly how they sound to me.

The Solid Mix Series capture the SSL vibe pretty well and the Bus Comp is particularly nice....A couple of dB on the master buss is a bit of magic @ 0 ms of latency....

The plugin snobs might not agree,but they are usually too busy chasing down specs and splitting hairs to be making music...

When something works...it just works.....no need for endless debate...

The coolest thing about all of the NI plugins that were coded by Softube is that it is impossible to make them sound bad and that is the genius of them right there...

Like the hardware that they replicate,they are fairly easy to work with,so you can get results quickly and that's a very positive thing...

If you spent too much time labouring over something,it can often get very stale and uninspired :wink:
Solid Mix was coded by Cool Stuff Labs, not Softube. They are quite good. They’re what I prefered before StonEQ and Comp G.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:43 am
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 pm
dangayle wrote:The Solid Mix plugins are good, but just kinda Meh sounding. Their other two vintage compressor/EQ lines are pretty great sounding, but there’s just something about them all that I found dreadfully uninspiring. It might be as simple as the GUIs, they are extremely clean GUIs, but very cold feeling, which is exactly how they sound to me.

The Solid Mix Series capture the SSL vibe pretty well and the Bus Comp is particularly nice....A couple of dB on the master buss is a bit of magic @ 0 ms of latency....

The plugin snobs might not agree,but they are usually too busy chasing down specs and splitting hairs to be making music...

When something works...it just works.....no need for endless debate...

The coolest thing about all of the NI plugins that were coded by Softube is that it is impossible to make them sound bad and that is the genius of them right there...

Like the hardware that they replicate,they are fairly easy to work with,so you can get results quickly and that's a very positive thing...

If you spent too much time labouring over something,it can often get very stale and uninspired :wink:
Solid Mix was coded by Cool Stuff Labs, not Softube. They are quite good. They’re what I prefered before StonEQ and Comp G.
Softube did coded, not Cool Stuff Labs. CSL did DSP Implamentation witch is different from coding as i understand :)

It is said on their website and check the quote
"Cool Stuff Labs works with other manufacturers on a consulting basis."
http://www.coolstufflabs.com/portfolio.html

I know that the Solid Mix Series were coded by Frank Filipanits of Cool Labs...

I didn't say that they weren't !

He also coded Supercharger (which I really like) and the GT version...

What I did say,was that the NI plugins coded by Softube are almost impossible to sound bad and that even somebody with the IQ of a pigeon could get them to work just fine...

Frank Filipanits and the guys from Softube code serious plugins,so you know that what they delivered to NI is top shelf quality...

You could finish any project with just the effects contained in Komplete 10 Ultimate...

If you can't,just pack up your computer and take up highland dancing or origami instead :wink:
No auto tune...

Especially these days, with pretty much every softsynth having it's own on-board effects. I find I use fewer and fewer effects all the time - a send reverb, a send delay and a brick wall limiter on the master are givens, plus the odd bit distortion here and there. Vocals still need a bit of extra attention but that's really about it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don't know about underrated, as I haven't seen much about them positive or negative, but I absolutely love them. Some of it's taking some learning, but the VC2A and Solid MIx series in particular are absolutely fantastic. Bypassing inbuilt synth FX and using the NI stuff sounds great to my ears.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Actually, I've written that many times (what's in your signature). In fact, most of the time I feel like I have far too many, just so I can play stuff my bandmate sends me. But every time I buy a new laptop, I leave a few more behind. If it was just up to me, four or five instruments and a handful of effects would be plenty.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:54 am Actually, I've written that many times (what's in your signature). In fact, most of the time I feel like I have far too many, just so I can play stuff my bandmate sends me. But every time I buy a new laptop, I leave a few more behind. If it was just up to me, four or five instruments and a handful of effects would be plenty.
That's nice.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Yeah, I fully understand this. I stripped down my plugin folder to the things that truly inspire me. Try not to have redundant things. NI FX remain in my arsenal because they are either bread and butter or truly creative (Molekular, Replika) and because Komplete Ultra is kind of a safe heaven when talking about sudden abandoning (too many devs gave up in recent times - FXpansion for example).

Return to “Effects”