October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tbase2000 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:39 pm I threw my shoulder out trying to pick fast on my submission. All about the sacrifices.
i fell down the stairs.
nothing to do with sacrifice, im just a clumsy fecker.

The neighbours were the ones feeling the pain of my riffage.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 pm The neighbours were the ones feeling the pain of my riffage.
i sacrificed by neighbours to baal as an offering to make my riffage sound doom!

looks like i got a wrong number if ive ended up shoegaze :hihi:

I've resubmitted, easier on the ears this time, I hope.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I'm in with a dark surf tune

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

i wish i can join too...
My submission will be a 'kurt cobain' post in utero song based on every unreleased song played live on youtube or boom box recorded song..or just an heavy indu song i can't decide yet

@Noodler. Much better! I really like the guitar tones now. Throaty. Got character.

About the best New Rock/almost commercial sound I absolutely support. Benchmark for me right now. Project the Fight.
https://youtu.be/WqRYBWyvbRo
There's a lot out there meaner... Youtube is the cure for your curiousity.

I'm stuck on loop with this song. It's just not what I'm use to and has some of a lot of that I've liked in the past. Hmm. But it's Rock month so I thought I would post. What I really want to emphasize is Production Value. I am just so impressed with it recording and musically. The hook chorus is Epic. You just have to hear it I guess.

The high scream is almost impossible to do. But he just does it verse after verse effortlessly. Who are You? I don't really know how to explain the vocal. I'm so beyond Linkin Park impressed now. He started something that is way Bigger now. I'm not sure how many people can do it yet. This song kills that and more.

Never heard of them before, I like them, good song. But never a fan of mixing pop and metal, except for Linkin Park.

this is my fave (guilty pleasure) POP band/tune atm - Boston's finest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4iQItsJSY
this is how they are live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vros1vPlxcE
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Reviews no order:
Missed One...sorry about that. Careless Drinker
Laguna: Opening arrangement is tight. Very nice. I like the metal guits that come in...but I need some Reverb on those axes bro. Huge effects for those stabs. High Lead Organ tone...NO! I think I say that every month. I'll wear you down 5db on it at least. Nice effort on drums. This is a fun tune and it gets jamming. Bass guitar is there but I wished it rocked as hard as that organ player. Wouldn't mind sitting in on this one at the bar.

Wagtunes: So over the top 80's glam rock that it was offensive. In the small chance that someone would be looking for that style these days...it's a fair layout.

Donkey: Intro is a good moment. Drops to THICK and sexy. Guitar work is superb. Nice mix of crunchy with classic metal tones. Vocals didn't sell me on this but the treatment made them work a little better.

Beanpole: Bass doesn't have any low end which could have saved this one. I love that you distorted it though. It's a jamming part. Kick is flat also on the low end. Very low fi tune which is ok if it has all the frequencies. The song is jamming with a good hook chorus and fun beat. Good vocal track. I would have liked more production on the accent words like "pure"...etc.

Vurt: Having fun with sounds. All of it could have built into one meaningful verse and chorus with lyrics...but it didn't. Layers worked though.

Per99: Doors. Smooth rock song that works. "When you live in the past, life abandons you fast". Best lyric of the competition for me. I really want to buy you a new keyboard.

Noodles: Love the Guitar tones. Very Classic Rock! Great groove. Maybe a little simple on the structure but the layers are there and the solos are legit.

Hellfog: Dangerously high treble intstuments. :41 very Halloween and erie. Love the drop. 1:22 another great change. 2:15 lead could have finished the song because it wasn't bad.

Mister Natural: You don't have any hit hat/ride in your drums. I think ride when I think of surfer music. Some shock value lyrics but I ultimately felt a little creepy and dirty by the end of the experience. Slow and Gloomy surfer tune. Good use of plugins and space. Have to listen carefully to appreciate the detail. Maybe a little to hot on the delay vocals at the end.

Kryptonaut: Good drum beat and rhythm. Single guitar track could have used a stereo image track for fullness. Bass and drums are driving. Not sure on the vocal. Felt like the drums were pattern vs programmed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Farlukar: I like the Drums. Interesting bass going on. Almost a Rage Against the Machine vibe. I like the guitars. I think you had enough here to tighten the structure and layer a few more parts to be a complete song.

Tbase2000 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 am Guitar work is superb.
I think 'difficult' is the word.. :scared:

That entrance was thick.

Tbase2000 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:31 am
Vurt: Having fun with sounds.
that's what life is for.
All of it could have built into one meaningful verse and chorus with lyrics...but it didn't.
i did consider it until i remembered two very important facts, 1) i don't write lyrics and b) i cannot sing. not in a "my voice is shit" way but in a "due to 35 years of heavy smoking including pipes,bongs,chillums, its quite painful" type way.

Layers worked though.

cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”