Who will succeed late Tremor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dangayle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:08 am I really really really wanted to love Tremor, but it just never worked out.

- I don't need a sequencer. Why does anyone, it's built into our DAW. Makes no sense to me whatsoever

Apparently you don't understand the (many) differences between a Piano Roll editor (DAW) and a dedicated drum sequencer.

They are, quite simply, very different approaches to sequencing. Some DAW's have built in drum sequencer (cubase and logic come to mind, and I think Studio One just added one recently) but many others don't. And often the ones inside DAWs are very clunky / not nearly as full featured as dedicated drum sequencers like those found in Geist and Tremor.

But if your point is that nobody should need a drum sequencer because we already have a piano roll....well uh...you've missed out on a major part of sequencing rhythm sections, my friend.

Tremor has a lot going for it. I'm going to keep using it up until I absolutely can't (e.g. when I have a system it refuses to run on).

-It's a drum SYNTH so comparing it to drum samplers is, imo, very silly. Different product. If the OP thinks UVI's drum sampler is supposed to replace Tremor, why not just use Geist? It's the sampler version of Tremor...

- The sound is fantastic, and the controls are deep, but easy to understand.

- Huge modulation possibilities

- and my personal favorite thing about it: it's so quick and easy to use. There's no bloat. I can get kind of overwhelmed when working with Geist 2 because there's just so much under the hood; but with Tremor, I'm lightning fast on all fronts; sequencing, sound design, modulation. That's what makes it better to me than other options.

what's this nonsense about piano rolls, lol? can you even go multimetric in a roll, no, you can't. you can't do shit. you can record your parts for radio music and that's where it ends.
this has got to be the silliest things I keep reading throughout the eras.

Tremors polyrhythmic midi out ability is still very useful..

As a drum synthesizer It's alright, I prefer driving other sound sources with it's fun sequencer though.
:borg:

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm
sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am yeah prefer to sequence stuff my self, and already have a trillion as good if not better sounding drum synths in my opinion...
Yeah, mee too, at least a trillion. Can’t think of one off hand.
I just hope they keep authorizing it. Be nice if they just permanently unlocked it for us.
Drumatic 4 is the dopest thing for thirty bucks. DrumSpillage 2 pwns them ALL though, great envelopes, has FM and makes all kinds of good USEABLE sounds. I find the Xils drum machine a bit too... less concerned with the sound, and more concerned with the sequencing. So probably that is in the same area as Tremor.
I know dudes who love those kinds of drum synths, but for me, I program either with a pair of drum sticks or a fairly simple mouse clicked groove. And I HATE when there is a problem with these 'machines' and the MIDI pattern is inaccessible to be used by another machine, i just like for the notes to be in the DAW. I realise that a lot of drum machines with onboard sequencers have their own groove. I own a Tempest and it sounds great and has an amazing feel. but I just prefer to see and move the MIDI notes myself.

Hammerhead !!1!1
Amazon: why not use an alternative

that was the fun right there :P

showing our age :D

I'm sure u-He's upcoming drum synth will take Tremor out. I don't understand FXpansion and why they let their products rot...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:05 am I'm sure u-He's upcoming drum synth will take Tremor out. I don't understand FXpansion and why they let their products rot...
Wait... U-he is making a drum synth? :o
Trance, Trance Is Life

Plenty of decent drum synths, whats needed is an awesome drum sequencer
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I would also like a drum synth plugin with nice interface, the one by Xils sounds good but the GUI is really not my cup of tea.
dedication to flying

hhuang9611 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 am
InLight-Tone wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:05 am I'm sure u-He's upcoming drum synth will take Tremor out. I don't understand FXpansion and why they let their products rot...
Wait... U-he is making a drum synth? :o
Same rection, here... I didn't know. I found a link to that video in another kvr thread :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7n1BBeeiU

Great! With a Tremor-like sequencer, and a ton of good presets and kits, it will be the thing I'm dying for.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 am Plenty of decent drum synths, whats needed is an awesome drum sequencer
+1. Evolution was going to get polyrythm (already has great sound) but they've gone silent.

sqigls wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:44 am
CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm
sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am yeah prefer to sequence stuff my self, and already have a trillion as good if not better sounding drum synths in my opinion...
Yeah, mee too, at least a trillion. Can’t think of one off hand.
I just hope they keep authorizing it. Be nice if they just permanently unlocked it for us.
Drumatic 4 is the dopest thing for thirty bucks. DrumSpillage 2 pwns them ALL though, great envelopes, has FM and makes all kinds of good USEABLE sounds. I find the Xils drum machine a bit too... less concerned with the sound, and more concerned with the sequencing. So probably that is in the same area as Tremor.
I know dudes who love those kinds of drum synths, but for me, I program either with a pair of drum sticks or a fairly simple mouse clicked groove. And I HATE when there is a problem with these 'machines' and the MIDI pattern is inaccessible to be used by another machine, i just like for the notes to be in the DAW. I realise that a lot of drum machines with onboard sequencers have their own groove. I own a Tempest and it sounds great and has an amazing feel. but I just prefer to see and move the MIDI notes myself.
Yes. Well, a lot of people praise StiX ... for it's sound, and others for the fact it's probably the most powerfull XOX sequencer ever offered ( Wich you should not worry about if you dont use sequencers) Just to say that, sounds and synthesis wise, Stix will get many more possibilities in the future ( though it has already dozens of parameters to create a drumsound and analog/fm/rm/samples/cross synthesis, different kinds of envelopes, zdf filters etc) This said StiX isn't for everyone. There are a lot of other drum machines on the market, offering different possibilities and workflows.

It might even get true polyrythm in a farther future.(not sure but ... possibly) Though you can already fake polyrythms with the Polystep modulator ... to a certain extent (Also because you'll still need a good programming level to achieve that)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

XOX sequencers make no sense to me at all, unless it's on hardware.
There's nothing I can do in a 'drum sequencer' that I can't do in a piano roll.
Each to their own, but i LOVE drum machines, and StiX just didn't really do anything for me.
The sound was a bit lacking, i felt. and the GUI is also a bit confusing.
I will re-visit it though. One day.

Everyone has their own workflow, so i'm not arguing that drum sequencers are better for some people. They just don't really do much for me.
I like using the Tempest, generally, but a lot of the drum sequencers out there just feel like i'm walking backwards.

Return to “Instruments”