What plugins would you recomend for a dubstep begginer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I am new to the forum and new to producing music. I want to get in to making dubstep and not sure what plugins are used for bass, leads, and drums. I have a DAW already and a MIDI keyboard so thats a start. So what plugins do you recommend for bass growls, wobble bass, big synth leads, or anything else to produce a good song. Thanks.

Try the Getting Started forum

viewforum.php?f=74
Amazon: why not use an alternative

One ping only
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Serum (search for presets), Harmor (just call the wildest settings you can imagine). Any FM synth would be a good starting point, too.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Any synth with a filter. Like I mentioned in your other thread, don't buy any more stuff but learn the basics with stuff you already have.

Hook an lfo to your for example lowpass filter and you have yourself a wobble.

Don't judge a genre by it's plugins.

Serum and Massive... tons of presets in the genre

jasonburge1990 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm Hi I am new to the forum and new to producing music. I want to get in to making dubstep and not sure what plugins are used for bass, leads, and drums. I have a DAW already and a MIDI keyboard so thats a start. So what plugins do you recommend for bass growls, wobble bass, big synth leads, or anything else to produce a good song. Thanks.
What daw do you use?
Best
YY

As cliche as it sounds, Serum & Massive are still pretty solidly on top of the wavetable game. FM synthesis is also an option(FM8, Operator), but it's going to take some more effort to understand how to program effectively.

Best primer on FM, in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvBl3YUBUyY
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

zenophilix wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm FM synthesis is also an option(FM8, Operator)
The OP has Sytrus (which is more advanced than FM8 or Operator).

I have a hard time making Cyclop by Sugar Bytes NOT sound like dubstep. Itza dub bass monsta! Scares my cats everytime. :D

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm One ping only
Well, sure... it’s both a legend and cutting edge at the same time. As well as being everywhere, yet hard to find.

But the real question is: will there be a BF sale??? :pray:

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm One ping only
It had to be mentioned :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Kind of a no brainier:
Melda MWobbler
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MWobbler

Steve Bolivar wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:52 pm Kind of a no brainier:
Melda MWobbler
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MWobbler
MFilter is more versatile (MWobbler has only 2 filters which cannot be set to parallel mode), btw i wouldn't suggest any melda plugins for a beginners.

the standard wooble filter for dubstep is WOW2, but i suggest to simply use filter from massive and/or serum.

Return to “Instruments”