Beatstep pro as midi to cv converter for modular synth

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is using a beatstep pro just as good as any other midi to cv module for a hardware modular synth? Will it work just as well as a dedicated midi to cv module?

Works for me.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Works well for me. Only issue I'm having is that it's annoying to access the cv outputs on the back. Thinking of getting some colour-coded patch cables to label and leave plugged in.

imrae wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am Works well for me. Only issue I'm having is that it's annoying to access the cv outputs on the back. Thinking of getting some colour-coded patch cables to label and leave plugged in.

I was lucky, when I got mine it came with a set of very nice braided cables...

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am
imrae wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:03 am Works well for me. Only issue I'm having is that it's annoying to access the cv outputs on the back. Thinking of getting some colour-coded patch cables to label and leave plugged in.

That’s swell...all I got with my BSP is a survey and news about cool stuff included with the new Black Editions. :P

Oh, and works for me too.

Cool. Thanks guys.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am
Ooh! The bag is a nice touch. I'm going with the ALM cables; they seem to be one of the only suppliers doing a suitable length in purple without having to buy rainbow packs.

(edit: solved avoiding usb and internal sync like the plague)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”