Now available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What you are saying is slanderous and absolute rubbish
not at all. we're talking about the guy who thinks his mediocre 2017 Pompeii disc should cost extra for his fans. Dave is a known money whore. didn't he rip us all off big time with those bloody terrible solo records of his, he presented as "Floyd records" anyway? oh yes he did!

anyway. I don't think he'll ever agree to Amplitube Collection, unless they pay him enough so he could buy another Astoria boat.

whatever. I say fock the old bugger. model the missing Floyd gear he no longer uses anyway and has since replaced with a modern stuff, hire Bjorn Riis for quality discography presets, and you don't even need to call it an "official expansion" or anything, and pay a shitload of money just for the name.

that will do fine.

Always the hard rokk/metel/widdle with these type of things. How about something a bit different - Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr, Kevin Shields ( :scared: ), George Benson, Roger McGuinn..something, anything?

The problem with most of the people you have listed, is that they really aren't known for a wide palette of tones (MBV's Kevin Shields excepted).
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 pm The problem with most of the people you have listed, is that they really aren't known for a wide palette of tones (MBV's Kevin Shields excepted).
Eh? Johnny Marr? Compare tracks like This Charming Man, London, The Queen is Dead, How Soon is Now etc etc. He certainly was much more experimental in his approach than someone like Slash. :lol:

How about a joint-venture product, Sampletank3 samples
of David Crosby's favourite acoustic and electric 6/12 string guitars,
and in the same box, the gears models used for recording in studio
and performing on the road? That would be a no-brainer
slap-da-plastic-up-front purchase, and also a nice tribute
to a legend who still loves playing.
For value-added mode, you could also license e-books
of his (auto)biographies. (Hey David, time for a new book, methinks!)

Peter, how about price and release date info on
the new Roland amp as an ala-cart purchase?
(Take your time, cash don't melt :wink: )

Cheers

Angle Loss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am Sucks we are going to have to wait another year for more guitar gear in Amplitube.
Sucks even harder that we will probably have to wait another year, or heaven forbid maybe even two, for the physically modeled guitars to add to the basses. To this day nothing comes close to MODO as far as bass goes and the same will probably be true for the guitars. I can't say that I look forward to the day that sampled guitars will be sitting on the shelf collecting dust enough.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

glokraw wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:55 pm How about a joint-venture product, Sampletank3 samples
of David Crosby's favourite acoustic and electric 6/12 string guitars,
and in the same box, the gears models used for recording in studio
and performing on the road? That would be a no-brainer
slap-da-plastic-up-front purchase.
Or just release MODO Guitars LOL.

You won't need any samples nor would you even want to bother with samples. Physical modeling shits all over sampling from a considerable height. No one I know of who uses MODO Bass uses their old sample based libraries any more with exception to Trillian (for the upright basses, that is)...

I feel like I'm just chasing a dangling carrot not realising that the damn thing is on a stick strapped to my head! :roll: :P :lol: :party: :dog: :clown: :ud:

Deleted ... unnecessary commentary on my part
Last edited by SJ_Digriz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:34 am hah, I can't believe anyone would want to get DDD tone on purpose. Tone being a misnomer for sounds like cats fighting in trashcans. Great player. Terrible to god awful tone. The Solid State Randell tone should remain on the trash heap of history where it belongs. At least this is something a sim should be able to do without too much trouble. But gadz a faithful reproduction of that scooped thrashing is the last thing I want to be exposed to. hmmm ... other than that it's a great idea.
I bet he hasn't even got a cape.

I remember the song "Corridor of Uncertainty" was by you if my memory serves me correctly. That was an amazing song as were a few others. Really amazing talent! I've tried to find these songs on Spotify but haven't had any luck but they were really good!

benjamind wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:42 am I remember the song "Corridor of Uncertainty" was by you if my memory serves me correctly. That was an amazing song as were a few others. Really amazing talent! I've tried to find these songs on Spotify but haven't had any luck but they were really good!
Very kind sir! Don't wan't to derail the thread, but everything is collected here (older stuff down the bottom)

https://sites.google.com/site/bennyleeds7/home

Corridor Of Uncertainty being on (ahem...) 'The Donkey Tugger'.

Back to the amp sims... :clown:

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:14 am Always the hard rokk/metel/widdle with these type of things. How about something a bit different - Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr, Kevin Shields ( :scared: ), George Benson, Roger McGuinn..something, anything?
mumpcake wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:59 pm The problem with most of the people you have listed, is that they really aren't known for a wide palette of tones (MBV's Kevin Shields excepted).
Admittedly, some of those guitarists might not have a wide palette of tones, but they do have some great sounds among them all, and it would be nice to get away from the heavily distorted sounds that most amp sims offer. I'm aware that the distorted sounds sell more, but the electric guitar does make other sounds, you know. :wink:

I'd love to hear some Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr or George Benson sounds from IKMM/AmpliTube. Maybe a "Clean Sounds of the '80s Strat" set, featuring those artists...plus Dave Gilmour. :wink:

Steve

EDIT: P.S.: "Donkey Tugger" has to be the best name I've seen on KVR in quite some time. I won't ask how you got that name, but your willingness to post under it is a testament to your courage sir!
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

benjamind wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:16 am Physical modeling shits all over sampling from a considerable height.
:lol: :tu:
No auto tune...

planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am
I'd love to hear some Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr or George Benson sounds from IKMM/AmpliTube. Maybe a "Clean Sounds of the '80s Strat" set, featuring those artists...plus Dave Gilmour. :wink:
It would be an instant buy for me

Return to “Effects”