Hobbyists for a Synth Team!

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will be happy to read a project proposal and offer detailed feedback free of charge. But first i will require to you to provide a copy of your driving license, the name of your first pet and your mother's maiden name.

Magnut wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:58 pm There have already been a million topics like this. Totally "unique" and "game changing" idea, no competitor, no clue how to realize it, no budget, no idea of the market. In the end nothing followed. The idea either was unique in a weird and unusual way, no one wanted it or the poster had not done good research and his idea has already been realized.

You clearly want the people to know your idea, still you're doing everything to hide it. You're also looking for hobbyists to do the work - problem: hobbyists only have half the time, but such a project takes years in fulltime work for experienced devs.

My advise would be to either pitch your idea to bigger companies (if your idea is good, they may can adapt a module of your sythesis to their existing product and they already know about NDAs) or to do a crowdfund to get budget for a real project with experienced devs.
If you really like hobbyists to pay attention then be more openminded, give clues that keep people interested and have a plan for keeping devs working for free over that long period of time.
this is the most helpful post, i think

I will tell you the idea before you start working for free lol. Usually bigger companies want to buy a smaller company so a little after the idea and I’m open to that. I would tell you the idea but it would give away something we could patent. I’m sure if I can’t find anything that works and have t9 tell you the idea I’ll be more open to criticism but I’m not coming on here promising lots of money or something that is really hard like I’m being made out to be. If your not comfortable with a NDA I’m not ready to reach out to you at this stage. If your looking for a job I would check the job boards.

I’m building a Synth, probably with FRuity Loops Synth maker - ( I hear you can make a basic one in an afternoon and export to .exe or .vst if you buy a license.) is anyone doing the same thing and wanna help me I have a project to go with it!

The NDA is a big problem here. They aren’t typically employed in this manner. What you would normally find is a company with a budget, a product under development, and all the resources needed to implement it. When hiring developers to work on that product, they would have that independent developer sign an NDA.

It does not typically work in the other direction: if you do not have an established company, no infrastructure in place, no capital to use to pay prospective employees, but are also attempting to recruit skilled developers to work for free, no competent developer is going to sign such a document. As I already pointed out, they may have already had a similar idea themselves, or even a product currently under development, and it would expose them to legal liability to them be bound by an NDA.

I’ve done quite a bit of development work, although admittedly not in the music technology space. I’m curious to hear what your idea is, but there is no way I would ever sign a legally binding document just for the opportunity to hear it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

mutantdog wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:00 am I will be happy to read a project proposal and offer detailed feedback free of charge. But first i will require to you to provide a copy of your driving license, the name of your first pet and your mother's maiden name.
What about for cost of signing a NDA. I’ve had people sign them before and they were programmers, I thought it would be standard practice.

deastman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:17 am The NDA is a big problem here. They aren’t typically employed in this manner. What you would normally find is a company with a budget, a product under development, and all the resources needed to implement it. When hiring developers to work on that product, they would have that independent developer sign an NDA.

It does not typically work in the other direction: if you do not have an established company, no infrastructure in place, no capital to use to pay prospective employees, but are also attempting to recruit skilled developers to work for free, no competent developer is going to sign such a document. As I already pointed out, they may have already had a similar idea themselves, or even a product currently under development, and it would expose them to legal liability to them be bound by an NDA.

I’ve done quite a bit of development work, although admittedly not in the music technology space. I’m curious to hear what your idea is, but there is no way I would ever sign a legally binding document just for the opportunity to hear it.
There’s a hardware utility in the other project I can’t talk about

I can tell you it doesn’t matter what kind of Synth we build and we will teach people a lttle about it in a fun way!

Ndustry99 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 amI’m building a Synth, probably with FRuity Loops Synth maker - ( I hear you can make a basic one in an afternoon and export to .exe or .vst if you buy a license.) is anyone doing the same thing and wanna help me I have a project to go with it!
Then I'm asking myself why you didn't do that in the first place and presented your afternoon work here to get people interested. And if it's that easy to build, can it really be that unique? Anyways, good luck. Hope to see a finished product one day.

It’s not about the Synth we can build any kind of synthesizer or a suite of virtual analog, FM, wavetable or whatever. The other project is what we need a Synth for. But for the Synth We have the reaktor library which would be a good place to find technology and team members after we get started, the FL Synth Maker which I do have FL studio so I’ll look more into Synth Maker this week but I believe it comes with technologies as well, there’s a number of open source synths for reference. The idea should be to make something in reaktor or with fl Synthmaker and then see if we can add more programming after we have a working .exe We will need a working .exe to get started on the other project.

It would be an advantage if you'd list more specific what's actually required. Like "x c++ developer" or "x ui designer" and so on.
Right now I don't even know if you're looking for someone writing code or someone with knowledge in hardware product design.

I’m looking for people who want to build a Synth, so anyone who uses Synthmaker or Reaktor, anyone who programs and would like to get into audio and synths. If we get a fewl people together we can sort out who learns or does what.

I was just looking at FL SynthMaker now called Flowstone and I’m thinking I would like to use it. It’s a schematic based app that’s easy to put together a simple synth with but it’s also in depth if we want to get into creating our own modules or knobs we can engineer and code it. So the plan would be to work on a Synth we made in Synthmaker and then get more in depth and start developing our own modules and technologies. You can already use the current modules and components to develop your own technology plus I would be interested in making our own. The biggest thing will be going through hundreds of parts and learning how they all work, well in basic version there is a dozen parts but underneath the hood there are hundred parts that is. But Flowstone looks like a perfect application for synth building. It’s like reaktor but more in depth too.

So basically is there anyone who wants to get into FL Flowstone ( SynthMaker ) with me! it’s an awesome app to build a Synth and it will be like playing with Reaktor and lots of fun!

Most of us early adopters bailed on SynthMaker six years ago when DSP Robotics rolled it into Flowstone and introduced annual maintenance contracts.

(By the way, I can do hardware too. Still not signing an NDA.)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

So I was going through Flowstone and there about 128 modules to learn and figure out, there are plenty of videos on YouTube teaching basic things and some more advanced. I think the big thing for me would be transferring a module from Flowstone to C++ seeing if you can write something in C++ and bring it into Flowstone or take something from Flowstone and make a C++ version to work with this is where I’d get help first is in doing this. Then you can add Reaktor to the loop and Open Source and then we’ve done a quick job or resourcing all our technologies.

deastman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 am Most of us early adopters bailed on SynthMaker six years ago when DSP Robotics rolled it into Flowstone and introduced annual maintenance contracts.

(By the way, I can do hardware too. Still not signing an NDA.)
I just looked there are no contracts mentioned just $150 with upgrade protection I repeat no contracts are mentioned!

Why not, I pulled the NDA from the net, it’s a standard NDA. I have Adobe Sign , you sign with your mousse it takes two seconds! Lol my gosh Sorry I am An NDA guy I have other ideas I do the same thing with and I’ve talked to couple of people who say I should keep the NDA .

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”