Allomerus - Get With The Program - Prog Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get With the Program is the last track on our newly released 7th album....
"I Have a Secret" which was released on bandcamp this week.
https://allomerus.bandcamp.com

Cheers,
John and Paul.

Allomerus - Get With The Program - Progressive Rock

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVoCuuGuWzo

John Wegner: Bass, Guitar, Synths and Vocals
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

Get with the Program
——————————
Stand up tall
Grab that windfall
And above all
Get with the program

Let’s redress
Fix this mess
Don’t digress
Get with the program

Use know how
Make a vow
Here and now
Get with the program

Think with clarity
Apply the remedy
Leave a legacy
Get with the program

Let’s redress
Fix this mess
Don’t digress
Get with the program

Change history
Stop misery
Get with the program
Pass the world exam
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

i like this! i have a great weakness for progressive rock, so, but this tracks has its own merits. arrangement is great, sounds, etc. great! a pleasure to listen to! vocals, nice voice!

I have seen the occasional comment that one of your tracks is reminiscent of Gentle Giant. That is certainly true here. The intro could have appeared on their "Three Friends" album. I'm not accusing you of plagiarism here, just saying that you've managed to capture the spirit and sound of one of my favourite bands, and in a good way.

I liked the way that the different elements appeared and re-appeared at various points during the song, and I thought the acoustic guitar section was a great piece of arrangement, especially when the 'tron arrived. Good job with the change-up in the vocals for the last verse too.

Good work :)

My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 8

Overall - 9.25

Comments: OMG, this is so Gentle Giant and Genesis, but very early Genesis. Thank you for taking me back to my roots.

This takes me back to my younger days when I used to listen to a lot of prog rock. Thank you for the trip, nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 am i like this! i have a great weakness for progressive rock, so, but this tracks has its own merits. arrangement is great, sounds, etc. great! a pleasure to listen to! vocals, nice voice!
Thanks Wasteland. It did take me a few goes to get the quiet vocals right. The track took quite a while to finish, it's very busy! :)
Bandcamp

Another excellent track by you. Especially liked the guitar solo section and the instrumental section ending the piece. You are all very talented players. Just a personal opinion, but the vocal part didn't seem to be at the same production/professional level as the instrumental parts. But I greatly enjoyed the track nonetheless.

theres always so much variation in your tunes... never a dull moment.
all the instrument switching pays off. then theres Paul's excellent live drums.
all wrapped up in a clear mix.. good job guys!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:23 am My Feedback

Music - 10
Instruments - 9
Performance - 10
Mix - 8

Overall - 9.25

Comments: OMG, this is so Gentle Giant and Genesis, but very early Genesis. Thank you for taking me back to my roots.
Thanks Wags. I see you think the mix could be improved. Since I have posted the video I have remixed some aspects of the track. Mostly vocals, which were too quiet and drums which needed more top end for clarity.
The newer version is on bandcamp...

https://allomerus.bandcamp.com/track/ge ... he-program
Bandcamp

i enjoyed it. :)
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

seismic1 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 am I have seen the occasional comment that one of your tracks is reminiscent of Gentle Giant. That is certainly true here. The intro could have appeared on their "Three Friends" album. I'm not accusing you of plagiarism here, just saying that you've managed to capture the spirit and sound of one of my favourite bands, and in a good way.

I liked the way that the different elements appeared and re-appeared at various points during the song, and I thought the acoustic guitar section was a great piece of arrangement, especially when the 'tron arrived. Good job with the change-up in the vocals for the last verse too.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim! I was a bit worried that it was too much like Gentle Giant, but then thought stuff it, and decided to go with it. Your comment is very reassuring!
This was one of those tracks that came together in a fairly straight forward manner. I was happy with it but had to stop myself from fiddling with it too much. :o
When I listened again with fresh ears I wasn't happy with the vocal level in the mix so I remixed it and did some eq-ing of the drums.
The new version is on bandcamp if you are interested. https://allomerus.bandcamp.com/track/ge ... he-program
Bandcamp

well that was great.
not really anything else I can say 8)

I just listened to the bandcamp version. I think you probably cut the vocal level slightly on this version, although the bandcamp track appears to have a slightly lower overall volume level as well. That could be due to the bandcamp streaming codec vs. YouTube. Maybe there is a little less "ring" on the snare in the new version.

OK, this time instead of simply watching the YT video and spacing out, I've actually remembered to comment after listening :)

In parts the arrangement is almost orchestral, with the lone instrument asking a question and the full band replying (1:47 or so). Also echos of Frere Jacques - is that intentional?

YT vocals seemed a bit messy after 4:30, with some parts more overpowering than others, and maybe also a bit muddy. Didn't listen to the updated BC version because I like your imagery and wanted to watch the video.

I like it as a track and composition. Though I think the lyrics.. together with the pics leave some open irritations / questionmarks - but this is ok, as the lyrics are intentionally open. So my critique may be more on the chosen footage - which (though all is well cut) at places seem arbitrarily or better worded: not connected. But it could also be argued: This IS the intention. All good.

So forgive me for that: I think lots of music-video-clips show pics, which have not a strong connection to the narration - this is something since the beginning of MTV for my taste. I know the struggle as well as I also tried to find pics/footage for my music vids, which was sometimes a sort of compromise.

so - good work - in any case! :tu:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Return to “Music Cafe”