Hobbyists for a Synth Team!

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just think if you may be interested and you know a few people,.. I don’t really I have couple that will be more interested later though, but if you and maybe a few other people may be interested why not sign a non disclosure. If I was outright hiring people they would need to sign a non disclosure. This is a good idea, I mean a really good idea! Dont miss out on the Next Big Thing lol!!!

Ndustry99 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:04 am
deastman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 am Most of us early adopters bailed on SynthMaker six years ago when DSP Robotics rolled it into Flowstone and introduced annual maintenance contracts.

(By the way, I can do hardware too. Still not signing an NDA.)
I just looked there are no contracts mentioned just $150 with upgrade protection I repeat no contracts are mentioned!

Why not, I pulled the NDA from the net, it’s a standard NDA. I have Adobe Sign , you sign with your mousse it takes two seconds! Lol my gosh Sorry I am An NDA guy I have other ideas I do the same thing with and I’ve talked to couple of people who say I should keep the NDA .
Okay, but you still haven’t addressed my NDA concerns. Let’s act out this scenario:

Me: Here’s your signed NDA.
You: Here’s my great idea.
Me: That isn’t an original idea. I’m already working on something just like it.
You: I have a signed NDA. You’ll be hearing from my attorney.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 am
Ndustry99 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:04 am
deastman wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:54 am Most of us early adopters bailed on SynthMaker six years ago when DSP Robotics rolled it into Flowstone and introduced annual maintenance contracts.

(By the way, I can do hardware too. Still not signing an NDA.)

I just looked there are no contracts mentioned just $150 with upgrade protection I repeat no contracts are mentioned!

Why not, I pulled the NDA from the net, it’s a standard NDA. I have Adobe Sign , you sign with your mousse it takes two seconds! Lol my gosh Sorry I am An NDA guy I have other ideas I do the same thing with and I’ve talked to couple of people who say I should keep the NDA .
Okay, but you still haven’t addressed my NDA concerns. Let’s act out this scenario:

I can promise I won’t do that, I can also promise your not working on it and we will let similar ideas be, and plus if your working on anything you have proof of your work before you met me already.

if this is just for fun doesn't make sense to have someone sign anything.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It’s fun not just for fun I’m looking at a successful project to have a payoff but it’s likely not big, like I said earlier though the other project I need the NDA for would pay for this one likely.

what exactly are you looking for in one concise sentence?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I’m looking for people to form a synth team with. I’ve been looking at JUCE, Synthmaker, Reaktor, and open source. When we have a workable Synth we can use it in another project I have, but I need a NDA.

Hiya- I'm interested to hear what you wanna get up to.
U can pm me the NDA, if you'd like to bounce it off me.
Here's my website->
http://www.phonicsaudio.com/
--sorry it's outdated, I last upped it in 2014
I have done quite a bit since then
I'm fluent in FlowStone,
and can suitably hack around in MAX and Reaktor.
Cheers, nice to meet u 8D

Ndustry99 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 am I can also promise your not working on it
Wow, youre omnipotent but cant code a plugin :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:04 am
Ndustry99 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 am I can also promise your not working on it
Wow, youre omnipotent but cant code a plugin :hihi:
It’s two different projects working together not just a plugin and it’s highly unlikely your working on the same hardware at the same time too. And I’m getting to the coding part I just got introduced to some great stuff today and will probably have a tutorial synth done this week in JUCE there are some great videos for Flowstone and JUCE out there to get started with if anyone wants to help.

Dude. I really think that you are doing yourself no favours with this whole NDA insistence, I understand that you want to protect your IP but a decent business relationship requires a level of mutual trust.

In the hypothetical example posted earlier:
You responded to this by promising that you "won't do that." You expect us to trust that you will keep to your word but cannot show the same courtesy in return.

You are new here so i get that you don't know this community, but i would feel confident in saying that everyone who has responded in this thread has enough integrity to honour a simple gentlemen's agreement without the need for this formality.

I have tried to help you by asking a few generic multiple choice questions which would help determine the sort of people that may be interested or most able to help you without requiring you to give away any specific details but even then you refuse to answer without me signing an NDA.

Nevertheless, i am intrigued - if only due to your sheer stubborness. Although i doubt i have any of the technical skills you require, i do have a lot of experience using software and a good knowledge of the marketplace and the products currently available so i believe my feedback has value. If you wish to send me a PM with a link to the full NDA i will read through it and, if satisfied, sign it when i get time. I can't promise how soon that will be though.

I do have one further stipulation: Without disclosing any specific details of the project or its IP, i am otherwise free to state publicly my personal opinion regarding the potential viability and marketability of the project and the legitimacy of your previous claims to the project's originality and educational value.

Take it or leave it.

Ok I’ll send you a pm

Actual recommendation to OP: build a prototype yourself in Reaktor. Don't worry about making it pretty or efficient. You'll learn a bunch about what's involved and its technical viability, and have a demo to show others.

Ndustry99: what would be your contribution to the project? b.t.w.. an idea is not a contribution in that sense. I can guarantee everyone here has ideas but without enough time to implement them. Would you do DSP, coding, marketing, graphics, sound design, testing?
As most have already have pointed out, the NDA is not a great idea, it will only stop you from finding like minded individuals. Realize that an idea is not really that much worth, implementation is king. Look at most soft synths and hardware... there is quite frankly pretty much the same stuff in different variations and implementations.
If you really hold your idea high there is a higher chance seeing it become reality with more openness.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Get a patent first, then we'll talk. You sound more flakey than a fish.

You realize without the means to acquire a patent you're hopeless in terms of defending your claims regarding an NDA in a civil suit, right?

You're also limited to small claims so you won't have access to recoup much without demonstrating real damages or the ability to have statutory damages awarded.

Basically this "NDA" bullshit appears when someone has neither a leg to stand on nor any backbone.

Please do the minimal "read at least the first google search result" research on the subject.

https://www.acc.com/legalresources/quic ... ements.cfm
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”