PA Pick Pack

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:help: Hi all!
Im tempted to compile this package, as ive demoed couple plugins from it and have liked alot of.
So i should gather 10 plugins that i can find worth of, im already using Fabfilter Fx bundle and Soundtoys bundle. So got pretty good set already.

What ive liked from PA are
Townhouse bus comp, i use at the time ableton glue compressor but like this one alot.
Opticom xla-3, absolutely love this and need something like this for many applications.
Then i tried alot of things like n, e, g console emus but im not all about it, i like to be able to put stuff before or after how i like, experiment a little.
I am lacking of character eq's, i love sie-q style plugins, suited for certain stuff but when works its fantastic and something like that would be cool.
Also i think id want some anlog emulation compressors besides opticom. With character obviously since pro c2 covers well for clean dynamic control.

So thats that in a nutshell. Wanted to ask you all what would be in your pickpack that would add to what ive got and tips in general. PA plugins seem pretty well optimized and ive had no problems with any i've tried.

Cheers

Hi Cazio.

For eqing I have and like elysia museq and Millennia NSEQ-2. Museq is good for both mixing and mastering, you can make drastic boosts that you can´t with your normal daw eq. NSEQ-2 is more subtle, for mastering in theory but it is good in buses and in any sound that needs just that little tone touch. Sounds sweet.

I have bx_digital V3 and bx_dynEQ V2 too. These are clean but very useful for mixing and mastering.

For compression I have Vertigo VSC-2 and elysia alpha compressor, both are very good and quite different.

For the rest, I think Byome is a must. Masterdesk is very good too. With some tone shaping before and a little limiting after (I found that the builtin limiter is not True Peak, so I add TB Barricade at the end of the chain) you can get very nice and fast results for your demos, and even more serious mastering. Black Box Analog Design HG-2 is a very nice saturator and it can add that "little touch" when used with care...

I have some more, PA plugins are some of the best in the market IMHO. My ultimate advice is test, test and test.

Hi Fernando!

Thanks for your reply, totally forgot about this but I tried those you mentioned and couple others.

As much i like them, decided to stall on it for now and carefully seek some more what i'd need from such a pack.

What happened during 2 week trial is that I tend to go for the usual suspects that i've got and i know what to expect :D
and using trial plugins as spice here and there, mix things up more.

Maybe I will ask if its possible to get another demo period at some point- its very tempting deal though.

Millennia NSEQ-2
Black Box Analog Design HG-2
bx_console SSL 4000 E
elysia mpressor & nvelope
Lindell Audio TE-100 + 354E
fiedler audio stage
Unfiltered Audio G8 + Fault

they're the ones i'm always coming back to.
not sure about this pick pack thing though?...
I could buy all the above on the KVR marketplace for about $300

VS $841

no dice

Point there. Discounted and secondhand prices is best deal. Comparing list prices of ten plugins could raise over 2000$ pretty easily though.

I'm not a fan of anything like pick pack, but, keep in mind that the used prices probably reflect pricing from the past and PA had a period of really low priced deals for a while and have been moving away from that for the last year or so.

I would still wait for good deals on the individual plugins that you want. It's all too easy to buy a bunch of stuff that you're not going to use. That's exactly what things like pick-pack are designed to do, they play on several aspects of your psychology.

My favorite PA plugs are:

MusEQ
HG-2
Elysia Karacter
Bx-subsynth
Maag EQ4
New Console E
All Unfiltered Audio. Seriously, all.

I pretty much have all PAs stuff. I dont have a couple of the guitar rigs. I favour plugins that are versatile and offer something unique. Ideally something that gives me different tones and textures. So my top list of 10 would be, not in order:

1. bx_console N
2. bx_console E
3. Byome
4. TE-100
5. EQ4
6. Channel X
7. VSM-3
8. bx_meter
9. Vitalizer MK2-T
10. Dear VR Pro

and for good measure, it goes to...

11. bx_masterdeck