Looking for opinion re: U-He Colour Copy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am
mike_the_ranger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm It has u-he written on it.
Next project a deesser please! :D

Cooker wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 amNext project a deesser please! :D
Hehehe, have you tried this one yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Presswerk is a gem.

It's probably the best sounding compressor there ever was.
They'll be prying that one out of my cold dead hands.

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm
Cooker wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 amNext project a deesser please! :D
Hehehe, have you tried this one yet?
Will check! :tu:

You have to test it. It's also the question what kind of delay you want. I noticed that BBD are just not my thing and therefore skipped this one. I's very nice to use, sounds nice, has some strong features, but I noticed that I can't get the things from colorcopy that I need for my workflow.

I prefer tape or dubish delays with a lot of filter modulation in the wet path fo example, which is not the main focus in colorCopy imho. One thing which were colorcopy is outstanding is pitch modulation, but I have not much use for this in my style of music...

But when it fits to your needs, I would recommend it.
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:31 am
mike_the_ranger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm It has u-he written on it.
Which means it was created by people who hadn't had a marketing department up their behinds. It's neither a feature creep nor was it released pre-maturely. We have the luxury of idealism, but at the same time the team is large enough to accomplish pretty outstanding things. It's easy to confuse the reaction with cheap hype, but I don't think latter would have been sustainable over so many years.
You doing it just right, Urs. Full support and happy about devs with this quality centric attitude that want to make great tools in the first place. You really notice it and I like to buy such stuff. So it's a win win for us all. :)

it's pretty hard to say "it is terrible" or "it suck" about something like a plugin , when all have a different point of view of what we are looking for , nothing is really bad it's all about your taste.
i try Colour copy during the "intro price" period , i was not looking for an other delay , but i'd notice something different to my track when i put it on insert, what i don't know but now i use it when i know my other delay will not be in the game..

hivkorn wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:11 pm it's pretty hard to say "it is terrible" or "it suck" about something like a plugin , when all have a different point of view of what we are looking for , nothing is really bad it's all about your taste.
i try Colour copy during the "intro price" period , i was not looking for an other delay , but i'd notice something different to my track when i put it on insert, what i don't know but now i use it when i know my other delay will not be in the game..
Well you can say that about the plugin if you mean it and if its your opion. Personaly i love it, but said it so the topic creator instead would make an opinion by himself. You have to test it yourself instead of ask other peoples opinion ;)

I find that using ColourCopy more as an instrument insert to be played through, rather than an audio (Send) effect to be tacked on later, makes a world of difference.
At least it makes sense to me, as I can then create amazing spacey atmospheres, particularly out of synth strings and pads.
Reading this thread actually reminded me why I bought CC in the first place after demoing it: CC is one of the few bucket brigade delay plugins that I have which doesn't affect the sound of the signal adversely when I change most of its parameters mid-sound / mid-flow.
(Many delay plugins introduce a sort of unwanted 'stepping' pulse noise to sounds when you change their main parameters which spoils the live effect).

hivkorn wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:28 pm TBH i have a lot of delay (soundtoys , blue cate late , waves.....)the main difference is the sound...it can't tell you what is really different but everytime i load it on a track it sound VERY good.not better than the other but different.
It does have a sound all its own which I find tasty.
Here is Colour Copy on a guitar.

The sound of the internal modulation is one of the things that give it something different from other delays.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... olour-copy

ok, i'm glad i bought it now.
I'm warming to it anyway :P

The modulation has sold it really.
The stereo spread... there's a few things going for it. But personally, i think the whole "bucket brigade" thing should be removed from the marketing blurb. It definitely aint no bucket brigade, to me at least. It's too smooth. that modulation is definitely a beautiful simplicity. I'm wondering about the actual ducking times, yes i use my ears, and the threshold is gonna affect it but just out of curiousity, there's no further info in the manual... anyway, i guess it's a thank you to the u-he 9 month license transfer rule :P i mean - i bought it simply because "bucket brigade" and the u-he name. but i let my pre-conceptions get the better of me, and just needed to observe the character for a while. It's very smooth. far away from any "bucket brigade" I've ever heard.

sqigls wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pm ok, i'm glad i bought it now. I'm warming to it anyway :P The modulation has sold it really.
Yes that's what got me to buy it too. The modulation was the most unique sounding part of it. The sound of the delay and variability, and the damping are also nice but once I turned the modulation on, I decided it was worth the money.
sqigls wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pmThe stereo spread... there's a few things going for it. But personally, i think the whole "bucket brigade" thing should be removed from the marketing blurb. It definitely aint no bucket brigade, to me at least. It's too smooth.
You're right about that - Its more of a BBD inspired delay. I can hear the round loftiness of the BBD sound but they've brought that into a new realm of fidelity. It's not a BBD, its a BBD-inspired delay in my mind. :phones:
sqigls wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 pmi bought it simply because "bucket brigade" and the u-he name. but i let my pre-conceptions get the better of me, and just needed to observe the character for a while. It's very smooth. far away from any "bucket brigade" I've ever heard.
Work with it for a bit and I'd be surprised if you'd want to get rid of it. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:19 pmI can hear the round loftiness of the BBD sound but they've brought that into a new realm of fidelity. It's not a BBD, its a BBD-inspired delay in my mind. :phones:
Maybe it was modeled off a weirdly clean modern BBD or something, but yeah, I think "BBD-inspired" is a good description.

I do love the plugin. I traded away my Cimmerian Caves V2 because I like Colour Copy more.

But I still kind of want one of the Doepfer BBDs where you need to supply your own filter or get a face full of clock noise. :D

Gets pretty noisy with a compensated +12db bump of the input knob.

Really loved this delay when i tried it. Its simple, but it does a couple of really awesome things, like dynamics based modulation. I have most of 'the good ones' and i really want this.
If anyone hates it that bad, they could always sell it to me for a super reasonable price!!!
haha

Return to “Effects”