Now available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am but the electric guitar does make other sounds, you know. :wink:

Spot on. There are millions of people out there playing jazz, funk, indie, blues reggae and so on, but equipment manufacturers seem to think that everyone is sat at home headbanging to the metel. OK, an exaggeration! You get the gist though. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of the metel and play it at times... but also a lot of other stuff..

why would anyone want to model this or that jazz player's amp setup? they're playing clean, the amp makes very little difference in that scenario, it's all in the guitar and the player.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:07 am why would anyone want to model this or that jazz player's amp setup? they're playing clean, the amp makes very little difference in that scenario, it's all in the guitar and the player.
:tu: :clap:

This is spot on...

Maybe some of these "wanna be's" should stop practicing their hero's poses in front of the mirror with their Amplitude modelling and start finding a little bit more individuality inside themselves ?

It's good to cop a few tricks here and there,but being a parrot is a little boring after a while :party:
No auto tune...

Burillo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:07 am why would anyone want to model this or that jazz player's amp setup? they're playing clean, the amp makes very little difference in that scenario, it's all in the guitar and the player.
One could as easily say 'they're playing distorted and crushed, the amp makes
even less difference in that scenario, because it's just loud noises'.

In my case, I want a few unique clean amp/environments to chain effects
as they are, and easily identifiable, easy to learn the nuances available.
There are times when distortions are not in the chain, or not first in the chain.

And often enough, a guitar is not what is being played.

People in cover-bands in competitive markets will want
all and more, when prices are as low as vst makes possible.
Cheers

planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am plus Dave Gilmour. :wink:

Steve

if you cant get him, get steven wilson from the porcupine tree. if you can do an anthology of his work it would include the dg sound too 8)
probably cheaper and more amenable to new tech too.

planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am I'd love to hear some Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr or George Benson sounds from IKMM/AmpliTube. Maybe a "Clean Sounds of the '80s Strat" set, featuring those artists
That's not going to happen. You can probably cover the sounds of most of those guys with the existing models.

IKM wants to sell gear models, and as far as I know, these guys didn't have any particularly unique guitars and effects.

If I were making predictions, I might say a Joe Satriani pack, considering he had a few signature amps and effects. I might also predict a blues pack, featuring an L5 (BB King), maybe a Blues DeVille, a few obscure/cheap vintage amps, and an obscure fuzz.

What I'd like to see is more equipment that isn't already covered. For amps, this might mean a Matchless or a Fender ToneMaster. Dirt boxes like Bixonic Expandora or Vox Distortion Booster. Maybe a bi-mode chorus or an Arion flanger. And more reverbs including plate and shimmer reverbs. Maybe MXR Distortion +.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

tappert wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:08 am
planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am
I'd love to hear some Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr or George Benson sounds from IKMM/AmpliTube. Maybe a "Clean Sounds of the '80s Strat" set, featuring those artists...plus Dave Gilmour. :wink:
It would be an instant buy for me
It would be best served as a preset in MODO Guitars plus the corresponding presets in Amplitube.

Would be nice but my hunch is we prolly won't ever see the e-guitars...if I remember the first youTube video of MODO Bass it said "8 years in the making"...well it's now been 10 years...no dice I think. Yes there was a registration info somewhere for MODO Guitars and Drums someone posted a link for these...MODO Bass was there too.

But I start to think maybe these other two...I guess you could say...they are carrots dangling from a stick and the stick is strapped to one's head. You move forward to eat the carrot but lo and behold it keeps moving away. So close yet so far away.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

mumpcake wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:27 pm
planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am I'd love to hear some Nile Rodgers, Johnny Marr or George Benson sounds from IKMM/AmpliTube. Maybe a "Clean Sounds of the '80s Strat" set, featuring those artists
What I'd like to see is more equipment that isn't already covered.
Like a collection of physically modeled e-guitars 8)
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

IKM could really capitalise on the interest from the fanboy players and accesorise these tribute amp and pedal releases to the max...

After all,that is the new paradigm for increased sales....

Sell them the extras by the gallon !

Dimebag caps,jackets,drugs,alcohol,picks and strings etc...

If they did that for every tribute release,then when the fanboys throw the switch on their favourite Amplitude setups and strap on their phallic axes,they will have all of the extras to look and sound just like their heroes...

Imagine the satisfaction that would bring as they strut their stuff in front of their full length mirrors :wink:
No auto tune...

glokraw wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm very specifically modeled ...snip...
getting it precisely correct).
Are the JC footswitch inputs modeled to be
switchable in software, via a 3-way toggle switch?
and then accessible from an external hardware
expression pedal?
Cheers
The new Jazz Amp 120 model will allow you to control the Chorus/Tremolo/Off controls with a MIDI controller or MIDI messages. While it's unclear what pedal you are looking to use, you should be able to control this section of the amplifier with your external controller using the MIN/MAX settings in the MIDI page (Lower right hand corner).
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

... these presets cost how much ...?

you're kidding, right ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

They're not just presets, they're models of exactly the gear used for CFH as well, including some of Dimebag's actual specific gear (as in what he himself owned and used for the album). I get it, though, if it isn't for you it isn't for you. But trivializing this like that is not correct nor fair.

sorry, meant no disrespect - but that is a lot of chinga for most humans around here . . .

best of luck

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:46 am
planetearth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:55 am but the electric guitar does make other sounds, you know. :wink:
Spot on. There are millions of people out there playing jazz, funk, indie, blues reggae and so on, but equipment manufacturers seem to think that everyone is sat at home headbanging to the metel. OK, an exaggeration! You get the gist though. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of the metel and play it at times... but also a lot of other stuff..
I like distortion and overdrive too, but sometimes I just want a broader palette of clean tones to choose from.

I know IKMM's done a lot to make sure their Slash, Hendrix orand Dimebag Darrell tones are as close to the original as possible. But if we want to channel our inner Andy Summers/Nile Rodgers/The Edge/George Benson/B. B. King/Dave Gilmour/Steven Wilson/Prince/whomever, it would be nice to have a preset or two to start from. GuitarRig (and others) offers this, and it can be very helpful to those new to guitar amp plug-ins or those who just want to get an idea down quickly.

When I'm ready to add guitar to my tracks, I end up reaching for GuitarRig, because the presets get me 70-80% to where I need to be for the sound I want. From there, I just tweak as necessary, and I'm ready to go. With AmpliTube, yes, I can start with a Fender '65 Princeton amp, but I'll have to add all the components and effects (in the right order) and dial in all the settings. I don't feel GuitarRig is "better" than AmpliTube in the component modeling--not at all. I'm just saying that its presets are like having my own "virtual guitar tech" setting up the gear for me so that I'm most of the way to the sound I want, and I don't have to step out of the "creative zone" to figure out which amp head, cabinet, mic and effects I'll need. (And yes, IKMM has presets with their amp sims, but can you tell me what the "Driver", "Killers" or "Tie Me" is supposed to sound like, based upon the name?)

Maybe some of us haven't found the "clean" sound we want from AmpliTube amps because the modeling algorithms are geared toward making the distorted amp sound great, while the clean amp is more or less an afterthought? Or yes, maybe IKMM advertises the distorted sounds (and affiliated artists) because that sells more. Either way, when I need a "clean" sound (which is more often than not), I don't think of IKMM. And that's a shame, because I'm a big fan of IKMM, I think AmpliTube's Custom Shop is a great idea, and AmpliTube is more straightforward to set up than GuitarRig.

All I was suggesting earlier is that there are a lot of Strat players in the '80s (and '70s and '90s) who used clean sounds more than distorted sounds. For those who are trying to capture those sounds (for whatever reason), it would be nice to have a virtual guitar tech--or at least, a starting point--to begin to sculpt the sound they want. (I know IKMM used to have a "preset exchange" for AmpliTube, but it appears to be gone now.) And of course, you wouldn't need any artist "endorsements" of presets--just getting close to the sound is fine. Artists can't copyright or patent their sounds, anyway. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks for the feedback Steve. While I personally love getting started with just a model like the Jazz Amp 120 and going from there. We can certainly understand wanting more places to start from with some variety in the gear loaded and how it is chosen. Presets are always a useful starting place. I'll be sure to pass this feedback to the rest of the team.

I would suggest keeping an eye out for our next AmpliTube release. We may have something a little more your taste coming in the future. While some of our releases are geared toward metal or more distorted sounds, we do certainly love clean sounds. I can assure you we model our gear to be the most realistically sounding gear possible regardless of the genre the gear is mainly used for.

For some newer clean sounds in AmpliTube, I would strongly suggest checking out the Fender 2 collection. Personally, I love the new '65 Super Reverb for starting off with some clean sounds, but there are a nice list of presets for each of the amplifiers in this collection to get you started.

As for your mention on the Preset Xchange. We are currently looking into this topic, so stay tuned for more news.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

Return to “Effects”