Waves plate vs Uvi Plate Lets the Battle begin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

learnkeys wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm I'm not sure why people get so excited about another plate reverb.
(...)

Any of the sounds the UVI plate can do, can easily be reproduced many different ways with fx chains.
OK. I think your speakers are very bad. Or you're new to reverbs. But something is wrong here.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

You would get a more interesting discussion if you'd stop referring to the UVI plate as "magic." They are birds of a different feather. The Waves plate is a model of specific Abbey Roads plates and part of what comes along with that is a certain color which isn't always appreciated but that may also be just what someone wants.

The UVI plate is a very flexible plate model that allows fairly deep control of interesting parameters including plate size and mic and driver positions. I wouldn't argue necessarily that one is "better" than the other, although to be clear here, Waves AR plate is not my favorite plate, they are just different types of products aimed at different customers.

I don't think that you can easily get UVI to sound like AR so if you want the Abbey Road sound then Waves is the better choice, on the other hand, the UVI product can produce some fabulous textures, I think that it's right up there with Blackhole in terms of an ambient producer's "must have" reverbs.

it's a doosie

if you think you can achieve the sound of UVI plate by using an FX chain, then please share that FX chain, and an audio example.
LETS THE BATTLES BEGINS

or any plate...

makes absolutely no sense at all.

but do let's see proof of concept
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

so i think we must come to an end

so try for yourself try the demo
and maybe you can hear what i heard

and i heard magic
maybe harry potter has this coded i dont know

just kidding guys

have a nice day

:lol:

I have no dog in the actual hunt. I'm not shopping for plate reverbs.

The thing I use has different plates for different character. It's convolution reverb.

learnkeys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 am
ATS wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 am i doubt it because it actually makes the source material sound different than other reverbs ymmv ^
I'm pretty sure UVI plate isn't going to make a song any better then it is.
I'm pretty sure from your own words you haven't the least idea why someone would use a plate reverb.
I'm also pretty sure there are people that know exactly what they're doing who have made a decision to use one in service of making a song sound better. :idiot:

DJErmac wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 am
learnkeys wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm I'm not sure why people get so excited about another plate reverb.
(...)

Any of the sounds the UVI plate can do, can easily be reproduced many different ways with fx chains.
OK. I think your speakers are very bad. Or you're new to reverbs. But something is wrong here.
And what are you going to use UVI plate on that you can't get the same result with any other plate and some sound design and engineering?

Are you going to be able to pick out which reverb is on which songs now? Because if you can, it's way too much reverb.

sqigls wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:36 am it's a doosie

if you think you can achieve the sound of UVI plate by using an FX chain, then please share that FX chain, and an audio example.
LETS THE BATTLES BEGINS
How about you produce a song that only UVI plate can handle?

dmoll wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:40 am so i think we must come to an end

so try for yourself try the demo
and maybe you can hear what i heard

and i heard magic
maybe harry potter has this coded i dont know

just kidding guys

have a nice day
Now make a song and mix it and let's hear the "magic" that any other plate couldn't have pulled off.

jancivil wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:51 am
learnkeys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 am
ATS wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 am i doubt it because it actually makes the source material sound different than other reverbs ymmv ^
I'm pretty sure UVI plate isn't going to make a song any better then it is.
I'm pretty sure from your own words you haven't the least idea why someone would use a plate reverb.
I'm also pretty sure there are people that know exactly what they're doing who have made a decision to use one in service of making a song sound better. :idiot:
Please let's hear all these songs that are magical now because of UVI plate.

It's only a tool people, there is no magic and nothing that can't already be done.

I've wasted enough time in this thread, good luck on your ventures.

All you are saying with your multiple posts is that every reverb is the same anyhow ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

lets the battle begin all your plate are belong to us

learnkeys wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:24 am It's only a tool people, there is no magic and nothing that can't already be done.

I've wasted enough time in this thread, good luck on your ventures.
Yeah you have, a waste of screen space absolutely. Someone who states they really have no interest in a thing and then postures and postures some more and some more again about how it shouldn't be interesting to anybody else. Muted.

Return to “Effects”