Odd error window for TX16Wx 3.0 on windows 10

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there, I'm on Windows 10.
Whenever I open the tx16wx interface I get a message that says "Warning: Could not load resource"
The interface still loads after, but this error message appears every time I click on the plugin in the mixer and open it's interface.

I've tried this with REAPER, live 10 and Pro tools 12.

Could have something to do with the settings folder. Did you de-install V. 2 before installing V.3?

Copy the skins folder from the program files TX dir to the TX16Wx at appdata if it’s not there already. That fixed it for me. Sry I’m not at home can’t give absolute path atm.

Same issue here.
Where exactly to copy the skin folder?

Appdata/Roaming/TX16Wx (IIRC)

Actually, what you should do is delete any v2 skins you have in <username>\AppData\Local\TX16Wx\skins. These can interfere and cause silly errors. However, v3.0.2 should make it more resilient. Please try it out and let me know if it works better.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Installed 3.02, and I'm still getting an error.
it's giving more info now though.

Warning:
Could not load resources: buttons-large.skinc

I don't have any skins folder in <username>appdata/local/tx16wx
just a license and a settings file.
I attempted to copy the skins folder from program data to the appdata/local/tx16wx location, same error, so i deleted it again.
For reference I am indeed installing it over top of V2, I didn't uninstall V2 or anything.

Ok
I looked around the release threads here and saw people talking about the about the settings file in appdata causing these problems. I didn't want to trash my settings because I have lots of aliases and locations and etc.

I was able to get this error to stop my changing the skins line in preferences.
Skin=default.skin

Everything seems good now.

Seems it is a nasty side effect of merge modules in Wix msi installers. The installer skips removal of the old install due to mismatching per-machine/per-user settings. Which in turn leads to left-over files.
Unfortunately there is no way to do this automatically (thank you microsoft). But I've modified the installer to detect the issue (hopefully) and refuse to install if you still have v2 installed.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I do not get it..
TX16Wx has been my favorite sámpleri ..
easy to use ..

Now with this update, difficulties started.
does not work in sonar. "Badtime04 .."
sonar guesses why ..
first Sonar can not find vst in folder ..
then when the find does not work ...

old version worked ..
in order to make it more difficult
no portable installation without problems ...

songs made to a large extent just this
sampler ..
and now I can not get it installed on the machine ...
I do not even have an old version ..
* tear off the head *

I am in trouble...

EDIT:tried ableton lite .. the same declaration ...
bad time unit: ms + 0.14ms

useri wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:25 am I do not get it..
TX16Wx has been my favorite sámpleri ..
easy to use ..

Now with this update, difficulties started.
does not work in sonar. "Badtime04 .."
sonar guesses why ..
first Sonar can not find vst in folder ..
then when the find does not work ...

old version worked ..
in order to make it more difficult
no portable installation without problems ...

songs made to a large extent just this
sampler ..
and now I can not get it installed on the machine ...
I do not even have an old version ..
* tear off the head *

I am in trouble...

EDIT:tried ableton lite .. the same declaration ...
bad time unit: ms + 0.14ms
Perhaps you could provide some details about the problem, such as exact error messages, error log or a dump? And some installations details, like OS, version, DAW versions etc?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

cakewalk sonar.. win10...
all updated .. tx16Wx different versions tried .. machine where now i will not work is hp 850-002no .. old version worked free and pro version problemless .. when i download 3.0 came the problems. the levono of the laptop computer does not have problems ..

useri wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 am cakewalk sonar.. win10...
all updated .. tx16Wx different versions tried .. machine where now i will not work is hp 850-002no .. old version worked free and pro version problemless .. when i download 3.0 came the problems. the levono of the laptop computer does not have problems ..
Did you get any error messages? What exactly is failing?
Stating "the problems" do unfortunately not sufficiently describe exactly what you are experiencing.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

sonar message: VST scan error:TX16Wx createInstance Icomponent

example of the announcement .. attached .. is there any idiosyncratic and helpless installation instructions ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “CWITEC”