Zebra, Kelly Bailey style.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
sjm
KVRAF
1729 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am

I tend to like this sort of thing, where the lack of a melody or whatever doesn't bother me. It paints a picture in my mind, and the HL setting isn't a million miles away from what I am picturing as I listen.

Apocalyptic is my first thought. Could lend itself to anything from industrial hell cyberpunk to last survivor of the nuclear holocaust.

I particularly liked the bleeps around 3:20 or so. Added an unexpected detail that suggests a camera close up.
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

Esgalachoir
KVRian
871 posts since 26 May, 2008 from Colorado

Re: Zebra, Kelly Bailey style.

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm

sjm wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am
I tend to like this sort of thing, where the lack of a melody or whatever doesn't bother me. It paints a picture in my mind, and the HL setting isn't a million miles away from what I am picturing as I listen.

Apocalyptic is my first thought. Could lend itself to anything from industrial hell cyberpunk to last survivor of the nuclear holocaust.

I particularly liked the bleeps around 3:20 or so. Added an unexpected detail that suggests a camera close up.
I'm glad you found it evocative. Thanks for listening. :)

fastlanephil
KVRian
616 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Re: Zebra, Kelly Bailey style

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 pm

This was a very dark dystopian soundtrack type listen.

I’m going to put on some Peter, Paul and Mary before bedtime. :o

Nice work!

Monsanto3D
KVRer
4 posts since 30 May, 2013

Re: Zebra, Kelly Bailey style.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:37 am

Great sounds and atmosphere! Like the physicality of the sounds.

Just one thing, think the mix could use some EQ boosting in the mid-low and the very high end as well, to could create a more full, present sound.

Return to “Music Cafe”