No One Told Me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just listened to it twice, and couldn't hear anything untoward. Third listen now, just enjoying it.

Good work :)

Minute differences between this and the penultimate upload in order of significance:
1) the wah towards the beginning where I wrote a short martial snare drum to match is more distinct (rendering variances, no one render is ideal. This is where there is an edit because sure enough the next bit with the awesome phasing was not even close in this render.);
2) cut back on the reverb send on a marimba doubling of a line in the pompous section (I hated this every playback and it was the reverb, now it's quite dry);
3) this one doesn't matter really, but I boosted the low end a bit on the final timpani roll.

No One Told Me

I like. How is guitar recorded ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Ask SonicCouture! :) It's their XBow Guitars with numerous FX loaded, I used a keyboard ctrller with CC2 on a knob to the wah pedal. That is Kuassa, something filter FX which I cited above.

thanks

God fact me ! I thought you were a guitar heroe.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Heavy, droning. I like that the screechy guitar is offset by the pretty, twinkly e-piano.

My biggest gripe isn't musical or technical, but presentational. It's annoying to have to scroll through all the iterations on page 3 of the thread. It'd be better to copy the link to the latest version onto the first post.

I can do that. This was one of those evolving projects, I like to do that sometimes. The first post was really raw and just barely anything but the lead and I didn't even keep a copy of that.

the thread is only interesting if you're interested. 8)
I suppose the vast majority of people are not, the high view count notwithstanding.

stanlea wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:13 pm God fact me ! I thought you were a guitar heroe.
Not any more.

Adventuresome. Would never have guessed that it was a sample library played on keyboard controller. Great sounds!

Thanks very much.

It's kind of a slight piece in some ways but it goes somewhere, it was fun to make this kind of rude guitar solo make a certain kind of sense :D

Someone flamed me at Youtube, "Utter shite". which made me chuckle

Maybe it is.

jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:46 pm
stanlea wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:13 pm God fact me ! I thought you were a guitar heroe.
Not any more.
Compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETsth0s-ZOk

youtube

WTF

ok try it again... something of a mystery how that render would fail like that. Damnit :scared:

More in the mix.
Louder.

No One Told Me

https://youtu.be/-O7hKqKvBo4
Last edited by jancivil on Sat May 25, 2019 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Very cool. Reminds me a bit of David Torn's Prezens.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Thanks.

I should go find that, I have a tangential awareness of the name David Torn from around...

Return to “Music Cafe”