Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you too? :o

mines not dodgy. so much as its a new one :o

500 Pages now that's a record for a hardware thread.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:36 pm 500 Pages now that's a record for a hardware thread.
But we're not talking about hardware here....

We're talking about guitars :wink:
No auto tune...

So after much consideration...
I'm getting a Jackson Dinky prolly 3 weeks from now.

The big debate is...
A minion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2kwcozdbY

Or JS32
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

looks like Ibanez has a new Roadcore?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-RC1720S ... 3339761127

dual soapbar P90s with an alder body...

are they competing with the G&L Doheny? (oh, there are tribute Doheny's for less than $600 now...)

Where do we list guitars for sale on KVR? Wanna get rid of my Elite Strat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^^^^sell/buy forum like everything else
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I have a slight urge for a Yamaha Pacifica 12 sting. There's one on ebay Classifieds. I have the cheapo Harley Benton electric 12, but I'd like something a little better.

It's been almost 2 years with no new guitars! :help:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hink wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:17 pm ^^^^sell/buy forum like everything else
Cheers, shall seek it out!

OK, sorted:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=513679

Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm I have a slight urge for a Yamaha Pacifica 12 sting. There's one on ebay Classifieds. I have the cheapo Harley Benton electric 12, but I'd like something a little better.

I've been looking at these;

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-6012/

Seem to have really good reviews, plus they look cool. Nowhere round here sells them though. :x Might take the plunge anyhow.....

My pipe dream - next guitar would be a ESP LTD EC-256 FM LDImageor Aria Frontier with maple fretboard :?
But, the reality is, I don't really need any more guitars, just a cheap telecaster and Martin acoustic. :hihi:
It's a want, not a need.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:06 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 pm I have a slight urge for a Yamaha Pacifica 12 sting. There's one on ebay Classifieds. I have the cheapo Harley Benton electric 12, but I'd like something a little better.

I've been looking at these;

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-6012/

Seem to have really good reviews, plus they look cool. Nowhere round here sells them though. :x Might take the plunge anyhow.....
Looks cool! Hard to find, though.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I had three 12 strings back in the late 70's till the early 80's None had electonics. All had issues revolving around string tension in time. I loved strumming them and one was my bread earner when I was busking. I found that I couldn't play electric guitars as well after spending time ham fisted holding down chords on 12 strings. Because of the string tension issues I'd had with acoustics in general and the issues I had with mic'ing I stopped playing acoustics for decades. The closest thing that I cam to play was an LR Baggs model Godin (predecessor to the acoustcaster) that thing was amazing. I'd never played a faster neck (ust as fast but not faster) It had a super thin neck profile and was intended for electric 09 gauge strings. It wasn't till recently that I'd even thought about going back to playing an acoustic. The Recording King that I bought a few moths back. It's a great "novelty" guitar but I'm not drawn to it like my electrics. I love playing 1930's and 40's standards on it.

If your hearts really into having a 12 string I'd say go for it. But I'd also caution that 12 string guitars rarely last forever. If you're lucky you may get a decade out of it.

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 pm
But, the reality is, I don't really need any more guitars, just a cheap telecaster and Martin acoustic. :hihi:
It's a want, not a need.

I beg of you don't go for a bottom of the barrel tele. I've got a story in this thread about mine maybe 200 pages back or so.

Instead at least consider a mid priced tele. The cheap ones like... SX furian by hondo will fall apart before the week is out. You'll spend more money simply making it playable than you would by simply buying something decent. (CIC febder tele's are actually great players)

My next guitar? not another superstrat I hope.
I want a les paul.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”