Need Help With Trance Project (CD Completed)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:51 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm So enlighten us, what did you learn?
How to be excitingly boring.
Hmmmmmm :shrug:
You'll find out in about a month or so.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:55 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:51 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm So enlighten us, what did you learn?
How to be excitingly boring.

Hmmmmmm :shrug:
You'll find out in about a month or so.
8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:46 am
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 amIt's very common for musician outsiders to not appreciate what makes underground styles tick because they haven't experienced them in context.

IMO, it's pretty hard to get there without that, you will always sound like the non-native speaker.
Totally. I didn't "get" techno until my girlfriend (in the 90's) gave me a dove* and took me to a rave. It was a revelation. :party:

* - not a bird. actually a brand of ecstasy pill.

just clearing that up before wags goes out and buys a load of pigeons to enhance his trance.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:45 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 amIt's very common for musician outsiders to not appreciate what makes underground styles tick because they haven't experienced them in context.

IMO, it's pretty hard to get there without that, you will always sound like the non-native speaker.
Totally. I didn't "get" techno until my girlfriend (in the 90's) gave me a dove* and took me to a rave. It was a revelation. :party:

just clearing that up before wags goes out and buys a load of pigeons to enhance his trance.
:lol:
And a green Mitsubishi.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:45 pm

You lie.
dfa.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coo coo coo coo coo coo

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:45 pm * - not a bird. actually a brand of ecstasy pill.

Curses ... foiled again :tantrum:

wagtunes this has nothing to do with trance. No wonder you'll need a few years to come up with a decent track (that is totally normal) but that you really seem to think that you could show something worth to call trance after a few attempts shows only that you don't have a clue about trance music and the production skills needed. Keep on dreaming but don't expect that everybody will applaude you for a lame attempt.

This is trance btw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV4e2st ... OpvkVOebCM

and another example with female vocals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osQYkHp ... M&index=11
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 pm wagtunes this has nothing to do with trance. No wonder you'll need a few years to come up with a decent track (that is totally normal) but that you really seem to think that you could show something worth to call trance after a few attempts shows only that you don't have a clue about trance music and the production skills needed. Keep on dreaming but don't expect that everybody will applaude you for a lame attempt.

This is trance btw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV4e2st ... OpvkVOebCM
There you go. That's the KVR encouragement that we all love so much around here. It warms my heart so to see that this place isn't dead yet.

Thank you kind sir. May I have another?

The truth hurts i know.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:29 pm The truth hurts i know.
And I get dessert with my dinner. Does the after dinner mint come next?

Link to your tracks plz?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:04 pm
Link to your tracks plz?
Oh come on, don't put him on the spot like that. He might wet his pants.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm
Link to your tracks plz?
He has so strong opinions that I wanna hear his trance 8)

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:08 pm
Link to your tracks plz?
He has so strong opinions that I wanna hear his trance 8)
Eh, he's not even worth my contempt. I doubt he's ever made a note of music in his life.

Return to “Production Techniques”