Xhun Audio LittleOne

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This synth is one of the best vst's for bass I've recently discovered. Mimicking the little phatty, which you can imagine does bass very well, the littleone sounds like a perfect emulation. Maybe better. I've been producing a long time and this bass just hits so perfectly in the mix. I swear to god I get so frustrated trying to find a good bass noise from the countless vsts I own. (dune2, spire, omnisphere, predator, massive, etc) Sure I can find something that works with these, but for a lightweight vst littleone sounds amazing. This will be the first thing I open trying to find a good bass noise. And its capable of so much more too.

Sorry for the fanboy rant. Has anyone else found this gem of a synth?

Yes, it's a great analog emulation and criminally underrated.

That and Poly-Ana are two of the best softsynths for bass that I've heard.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm Yes, it's a great analog emulation and criminally underrated.

That and Poly-Ana are two of the best softsynths for bass that I've heard.
Yeah, I'm super impressed by little one. It doesn't seem like it's been mentioned much - I'd never heard of it before the charity event. Every new synth I have like Hive, Dune, Spire, etc. just have such a digital sounding bass to it. Bass is one of those things that easily falls apart the lower you go on a VST. And one of the first things I try. How low on the keyboard can I go without it sounding bad like its digitally ripping itself? Low-end bass needs to sound warm and smooth, and even punchy. The only thing that comes close is sample-based VSTs. So to find something like littleone is pretty impressive.

I like the quote on their website about how it strives for imperfections:
"The adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach ensures that every component inside LittleOne is simulated preserving its original analogue hardware architecture and physical properties - including its own micro-imperfections and unique, time-varying instabilities. This means that - playing the same note twice - LittleOne will never produce exactly the same sound, not in a million years or more. Just as nature teaches us."

I'll check out Poly-ANA. That's another emulation VST I haven't heard. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dagger is the king for bass (beside P900 but that´s a waste for mainly bass), cheap and low on cpu for me.

Poly ANA does sound great to me, but the interface is so tiny and crammed i don't use it very often these days.
little one is great so +1 on that..

I own both a Slim Phatty and Little One and love them both. Not so much underrated or unappreciated as just unknown I think.

https://youtu.be/kuKLYRxWZHU
바보

yeah littleone is quite the sleeper... I bet if it had a nice big shiny-looking interface, everyone would have it. easy to overlook as is - until you hear what comes out. pretty solid.

Monark has been my go-to for bass... next time I demo littleone I'll have a bass shootout with it

inkwarp wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:59 pm Poly ANA does sound great to me, but the interface is so tiny and crammed i don't use it very often these days.
little one is great so +1 on that..
Theres these...... http://www.admiralquality.com/poly-ana-custom-skins/

PA is my current fave! It's great for effects too!!

https://soundcloud.com/smh2600/admiral- ... b-on-strat

commodore wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm Every new synth I have like Hive, Dune, Spire, etc. just have such a digital sounding bass to it. Bass is one of those things that easily falls apart the lower you go on a VST. And one of the first things I try. How low on the keyboard can I go without it sounding bad like its digitally ripping itself? Low-end bass needs to sound warm and smooth, and even punchy.
i'll check this one out. Love Dagger...it's my favorite analog emulation out there, and i've owned a lot. What kind of music do you make?

i think the above is indicating not so much that those synths make bad bass sounds, but that you're looking specifically for analog sounding bass, which those synths aren't (i think Massive's is terrible at bass, though). And different styles of music need different bass sounds.

If i was making Tycho-style, or vintage stuff or retro, yeah, analog bass would be a must. But for other styles, digital bass sounds great to me. i specifically use Hive often as a sub reinforcement for a mid-rangey bass sound usually coming from Serum. However, i'm also trying to make my synths fill the role of bass guitar, which has a bit less body than a good solid synth bass. Again, different approaches.

i do think, though, that most soft synths need a bit of coaxing to produce a healthy low end that supports a mix properly, even for digital sounds. i would love for a developer to make a non-VA, unapologetically digital, monophonic bass instrument that actually delivers (i'm looking at you, Cyclop).

i think Zebra is the best at this, doing a great job supporting the fundamental while also giving some midrange 'honk' that bleeds into the same range as guitars. But it seems like killing a mosquito with a hydrogen bomb using it just for bass.

voidhead23 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am
commodore wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm Every new synth I have like Hive, Dune, Spire, etc. just have such a digital sounding bass to it. Bass is one of those things that easily falls apart the lower you go on a VST. And one of the first things I try. How low on the keyboard can I go without it sounding bad like its digitally ripping itself? Low-end bass needs to sound warm and smooth, and even punchy.
i'll check this one out. Love Dagger...it's my favorite analog emulation out there, and i've owned a lot. What kind of music do you make?

i think the above is indicating not so much that those synths make bad bass sounds, but that you're looking specifically for analog sounding bass, which those synths aren't (i think Massive's is terrible at bass, though). And different styles of music need different bass sounds.
Good point. I usually make trance, dnb, breaks, and other various electronic. But yeah, you make good points. I think for me, if it has that analog smoothness, then it works great the first time. It might be the reason everyone seems to layer bass (sub, midrange, high bass) to make all these digital types sound good. But as you suggest, it probably depends on what you're making or trying to do. But I definitely prefer the warmer smooth bass in electronic music to a harsher (think dubstep-style) digital type.

voidhead23 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am i think Zebra is the best at this, doing a great job supporting the fundamental while also giving some midrange 'honk' that bleeds into the same range as guitars. But it seems like killing a mosquito with a hydrogen bomb using it just for bass.
that's just what ZebraCM is for :tu:

commodore wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm Bass is one of those things that easily falls apart the lower you go on a VST. And one of the first things I try. How low on the keyboard can I go without it sounding bad like its digitally ripping itself?
I own several analog synthesizers and they all failed sounding when you go very low. I think your problem is not about the VST you're using but more about your sound design knowledge. Dune can do really good bass when you know how to program it. Some thing with the other synthesizers you're mentioning.

AndyMusician wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:12 am
commodore wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm Bass is one of those things that easily falls apart the lower you go on a VST. And one of the first things I try. How low on the keyboard can I go without it sounding bad like its digitally ripping itself?
I own several analog synthesizers and they all failed sounding when you go very low. I think your problem is not about the VST you're using but more about your sound design knowledge. Dune can do really good bass when you know how to program it. Some thing with the other synthesizers you're mentioning.
Not gonna lie, I don't have very good sound design knowledge. haha. I do love Dune though. Its really one of my favorite vsts. I'm definitely more of a preset user. :dog: What kind of analog synths do you have?

$20.50 in cart at audiodeluxe... no reason not to pick this up, really cool vst, glad to finally be out of the demo.

I tried the demo, but I can't get past the terrible interface. I get that it's trying to emulate the LP, but could they not have put in an option to show all parameters at once? Adjusting the ADSR or filter is just painful. It's actually slower than on the real hardware, at least on the hardware the buttons are tactile.

Return to “Instruments”