grm warp, argotlunar and other obscure plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c_voltage wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:52 pm Damn, i forget all the time the name of those vendor\plugins, this is two paid products with orange (or yellow) interfaces, the same interesting spectral processing judge by info, but for Win it's 32bit only, and perhaps even abandoned, not sure.
But this is perhaps always was in my desire list (since almost everything else has been already grabbed) if would been not 32bit only. All time forget the name.
Perhaps you mean Orange Vocoder from Prosoniq? You're right about this VST being 32 bit, sadly its abandon ware on windows. It's still developed on OS X, but under a new name: Zynaptiq Orange Vocoder .Crazy
plugin for sound processing/mangling though!http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/orangevoc.php

alex921 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm
c_voltage wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:52 pm Damn, i forget all the time the name of those vendor\plugins, this is two paid products with orange (or yellow) interfaces, the same interesting spectral processing judge by info, but for Win it's 32bit only, and perhaps even abandoned, not sure.
But this is perhaps always was in my desire list (since almost everything else has been already grabbed) if would been not 32bit only. All time forget the name.
Perhaps you mean Orange Vocoder from Prosoniq? You're right about this VST being 32 bit, sadly its abandon ware on windows. It's still developed on OS X, but under a new name: Zynaptiq Orange Vocoder .Crazy
plugin for sound processing/mangling though!http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/orangevoc.php
No no, not orange vocoder. It was two different products, but with similar UI, and at least one of this was based to spectral processing too, afair. (But strange, i can't found in kvr database that stuff\vendor by "spectral" keyword). But they was in kvr database, i remember. And for some reason it seemed to me that I been found it by this keyword before, but i may wrong.
They somewhat been intersect with SpectrumWorx by time.
What about mentioned anarchy-rhythms plugins, can agree, very good stuff (and DtBlkFx too, ofcourse)

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 am @Anyone took the chance with Spexx yet? :P
Bought it just now :hyper: , exploring beta now (btw after purchase at pluginbotiq i found that Spexx beta exist also in official page available for download https://www.re-compose.com/customer-sup ... ducts.html - but as i understand it no like demo, i mean, require serial number anyway (?) frankly i'm not tried download from this)

So, what about plugin: first impressions - really very good many-sided freezer. But the first thing that caused surprise this is zero cpu usage, it looks really strange, was embarrassed by this after throw to audiotrack. Even specially did loaded in parallel another hungry FX for check heh, damn.
About sound abilities - it pretty close to GRM Evolution, as you could assume. But about a more detailed comparison - not yet ready to say, just at moment tried not all algorithms yet. (And do not need forget about their combinations - since here they change places in chain freely).

Some negative moment - switching of FFT resolutions (by default here 4k) can cause some abnormal behavior\unpredictability, especially good reproduce if jump immediately to maximal values (range 2k - 256k). I guess that this place will improve. But frankly, it is very good works even in the default 4k range, so I did not consider this a significant problem.

What else..drag'n'drop works fine, UI with very quick response, all parameters of all blocks automatable.
In general, it's worth his price absolutely IMO.

c_voltage wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:56 pm
No no, not orange vocoder. It was two different products, but with similar UI, and at least one of this was based to spectral processing too, afair. (But strange, i can't found in kvr database that stuff\vendor by "spectral" keyword). But they was in kvr database, i remember. And for some reason it seemed to me that I been found it by this keyword before, but i may wrong.
What about mentioned anarchy-rhythms plugins, can agree, very good stuff (and DtBlkFx too, ofcourse)
Could it be Delaydots' (the original Spectrumworx developer) Spectral Suite? That was a suite of 2 or 3 plugins with similar UIs. I was able to find a screenshot of one of them, but it's only yellow in the middle. Worth a try anyway!

Thanks for adding your thoughts about Spexx. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet if money is looking decent this month. Keep us posted with how you're getting on with it. Particularly keen to hear if there's anything not easily achievable elsewhere in there, although low CPU usage is a huge bonus in itself.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:58 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 am @Anyone took the chance with Spexx yet? :P
Bought it just now :hyper: , exploring beta now (btw after purchase at pluginbotiq i found that Spexx beta exist also in official page available for download https://www.re-compose.com/customer-sup ... ducts.html - but as i understand it no like demo, i mean, require serial number anyway (?) frankly i'm not tried download from this)

So, what about plugin: first impressions - really very good many-sided freezer. But the first thing that caused surprise this is zero cpu usage, it looks really strange, was embarrassed by this after throw to audiotrack. Even specially did loaded in parallel another hungry FX for check heh, damn.
About sound abilities - it pretty close to GRM Evolution, as you could assume. But about a more detailed comparison - not yet ready to say, just at moment tried not all algorithms yet. (And do not need forget about their combinations - since here they change places in chain freely).

Some negative moment - switching of FFT resolutions (by default here 4k) can cause some abnormal behavior\unpredictability, especially good reproduce if jump immediately to maximal values (range 2k - 256k). I guess that this place will improve. But frankly, it is very good works even in the default 4k range, so I did not consider this a significant problem.

What else..drag'n'drop works fine, UI with very quick response, all parameters of all blocks automatable.
In general, it's worth his price absolutely IMO.
That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing. Lot of potential for this new spectral plugin then :hyper:

Here, to not highjack the thread with very specific technical stuff about Spexx, I've started a few days ago a dedicated thread to it that already fell into oblivion :hihi:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=514285&hilit=spexx

I suggest we continue over there the discussion for Spexx. Anyway I'll grab it for sure, matter of time so we can share in that thread too.

cron wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm Could it be Delaydots' (the original Spectrumworx developer) Spectral Suite?
Heh no ) Ok, it seems i will need googled better, when i will found it i share what it was exactly.
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 pm I've started a few days ago a dedicated thread to it that already fell into oblivion
Oh, i not noticed it, ok good, further possible moments will be described there then.
cron wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm Particularly keen to hear if there's anything not easily achievable elsewhere in there, although low CPU usage is a huge bonus in itself.
Yes, at that what interesting, even regardless fft size - switching to big values does not touch cpu meter. But i afraid that it can be result of some problem - since other than default fft modes can works incorrectly yet, there is a suspicion. But in any case it's cool that this is so at least in relation to 4k.

cron wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm
c_voltage wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:56 pm
Could it be Delaydots' (the original Spectrumworx developer) Spectral Suite? That was a suite of 2 or 3 plugins with similar UIs. I was able to find a screenshot of one of them, but it's only yellow in the middle. Worth a try anyway!

Thanks for adding your thoughts about Spexx. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet if money is looking decent this month. Keep us posted with how you're getting on with it. Particularly keen to hear if there's anything not easily achievable elsewhere in there, although low CPU usage is a huge bonus in itself.
I have the old Delay Dots Suite and Phat Pro

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/delaydots ... suite_2444
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I found it finally :D :party: This is Obelisk (not sure why i thought about yellow UI colors)
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obelis ... cial-audio
Very sad that it just 32bit for Win. It seems interesting stuff.
And actually it can be found by word "Spectral", hm perhaps i miss it in list previously.

Izotope Spectron
Pretty cool spectral delay,
It's yours for $500 :p

Spectral Monkeyage
Holds a special place in many a KVRist heart

VariKusBrainZ would be strange if i would not had Spectron hehe ) About Spectral Monkeyage, hmm, never heard about, just googled, well, looks simple but it seems good by description, it's 32bit only or not ?

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:23 am Izotope Spectron
Pretty cool spectral delay,
It's yours for $500 :p
Spectron was my to-go spectral delay for a while, but honestly it collects dust since I have the Melda MSpectralDelay. So much for more power, options, modulations and more for my needs.

Return to “Effects”