VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Superior Drummer 3

SSD5

Addictive Drums

Drumforge

SD3.

I just started using NI Battery and it's pretty nice. Are you looking for a drum synth/sampler or a drum machine sequencing VST?

There is no best, it's a matter of taste.
I personally like the NI Abbey Road Drums best of all the things I've tried. But I don't know how many people would agree with me there.

How now brown cow?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

They need to do way instain mother>

I mostly use BFD3 and Jamstix 4 for drums parts but I'm still a bit confused as how to get the best out of them.

no
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Of the options listed, the best for me has been Addictive Drums 2. I use AD2 as the sound source for a Roland e-drum kit in my home studio. I also own Steven Slate Drums 4, but more than likely will not upgrade to version 5.

Overall, FXpansion BFD3 is my favorite drum VST, but AD2 more than suffices for my needs as well.

YMMV.

If one is not a native speaker, one could at least use Google Translate to put a simple question like that correctly :roll:

STIX by xils-lab

You can hear it in action in this remix of a song I've composed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuWPJNg_-Q

I use Battery 3, Addictive Drums 2, and StiX by XILS-lab.

tremor
geist
battery

Is there an emulation of the Oberheim drum computer of the 80's? I liked that sound more than the Linn, frankly, let alone the Rolands.

The Oberheim DMX is a sample based drum machine. Just as the Linn.

If you're interested in the DMX sounds check out Audio Lounge's AL D1. It's a Oberheim DMX rompler.

Return to “Instruments”