Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been thinking about buying Dune 2 but I've seen a few posts recently in various forums about a Dune 3 being in beta. Is this correct? I don't really want to buy Dune 2 now if they about to release a big update soon. Does anyone know if they tend to have a cheap upgrade path when they release new versions? Thanks
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

No idea if it's gonna be released soon, but why not getting it then update with a customer price to the V3 instead of paying the full V3 price?

I would guess it is only a couple more months away. I'd wait, TBH. Especially considering that Dune 3 will be patch compatible with Dune 2 (as far as i understood it), so, there's nothing to lose.

About the upgrade path: They haven't announced anything in that regard.

A Xmas gift :wink:

I would wait for a sale before buying 2 or 3. They DO have sales. That's how I bought mine. I won't knock the regular price but, I saved $70 just by waiting a couple of months

I’m going to wait I think. I have Wavetable in Live 10 which seems more than capable (more so than Dune 2 you might say) so will stick with that for now I think.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Its coming. Wait for the new one if you havnt already purchased.

acid alex wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 am I’m going to wait I think. I have Wavetable in Live 10 which seems more than capable (more so than Dune 2 you might say) so will stick with that for now I think.
Wavetable is great for sure, but Dune 2 can do lots of sounds Wavetable can't. I just got Dune 2 today and my biggest request for Dune 3 would be "drag and drop modulation"!! :hihi: :hihi:

Check with their support if you want to buy from them directly.
Richard gave hints in the charity posts that those who win the bids on Dune 2 might get version 3 discounted or free when released. So, it might apply on current buyers as well. It worth asking IMO.

EnGee wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:51 pm Check with their support if you want to buy from them directly.
Richard gave hints in the charity posts that those who win the bids on Dune 2 might get version 3 discounted or free when released. So, it might apply on current buyers as well. It worth asking IMO.
I suppose that applies to everyone who's got a legal copy of Dune 2.

wait for dune 10, it might have a built in automatic mix and mastering mode by then :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:48 pm
EnGee wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:51 pm Check with their support if you want to buy from them directly.
I suppose that applies to everyone who's got a legal copy of Dune 2.
Why do you suppose that?

Dune 2 wasn't a free upgrade for Dune 1 owners as far as I know. So, I suppose logically there is an upgrade price for Dune 2 owners, unless there is a grace period or I'm mistaken about the upgrade price!

If you mean it will discounted upgrade, sure why not for a period of time!

That is what I marked bold, discounted, not free :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:48 pm That is what I marked bold, discounted, not free :wink:
Yes, after I post it, I noticed that you meant 'discounted' not 'free' :hihi:

Anyway, I've got the impression in the charity that Richard meant more than 'discounted' but he didn't say 'free' so I was careful with my words :P

I won the Dune 2/3 on the charity auction and here is the email Richard sent me
As indicated in the auction text, you have the option to either get a DUNE 2 license right away, or alternative a DUNE 3 license. DUNE 3 is scheduled to be released about
end of November, so you'll need some patience, however you'll get a much better product (in our opinion).
Trance, Trance Is Life

Return to “Instruments”