Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I was just about to sign up the for the Roland Cloud. But now that I see that the company won't fulfill what is arguably the strongest selling point to their business model (one free plugin after 12 months), I'm staying away until it starts doing so.

If you're someone who really cares passionately about this topic, you should consider flooding their social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and support channels with requests to fulfill their promises. They may delete your messages, but then again, you'll at least know someone from Roland/Virtualsonics read them versus here where they have no representation. And maybe they just ignore your message, but at least then other potential customers will see it. Heck, post about it on your Twitter and tag them so when people search for things like Roland, or Roland Aria or Roland Cloud they have a chance of seeing your feedback.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

The Plugins from the content store will never get updated.
I have complained about it for a year and in the beginning they said that if it was a bigger update the Content store versions would be updated too.
The last time i complained they told me that they where 2 different products so they had nothing todo with keeping those updated.

I gave up on complaining and subscribed in the end.
Bought a Roland Integra 7. 3 days ago so i think i will stop being a member when my membership runs out if there is no sign of the loyalty program being active at that time.

This is one of the reasons i have moved over to hw the last 2 years since i do get a product that works whenever i want without annoying copyprotection schemes, renting or other obstacles.

yehboy1 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:32 pm I was just about to sign up the for the Roland Cloud. But now that I see that the company won't fulfill what is arguably the strongest selling point to their business model (one free plugin after 12 months), I'm staying away until it starts doing so.
Where did you see this information?

D-Fusion wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:09 pm This is one of the reasons i have moved over to hw the last 2 years since i do get a product that works whenever i want without annoying copyprotection schemes, renting or other obstacles.
One of my frustrations with hardware is when the developers stop providing updates for that as well. So in this case, Roland has three separate products they need to keep at feature parity:

Hardware
Cloud VST
Non-Cloud VST

To me, this means the non-cloud and hardware instruments will get the least attention as they are not seeing the recurring revenue of the cloud option.

So I have been subscribed to the cloud option for almost a year and thought the loyalty program was already in place. Did it never materialize? It still shows on their FAQ page as becoming available.

I wonder if a complain with the local consumer agency could get you a refund d of the yearly subscription, and them use that money for another year and when they don't deliver the yours program again fill another complain and keep doing that for eternity.
dedication to flying

Fotizimo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:57 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:09 pm This is one of the reasons i have moved over to hw the last 2 years since i do get a product that works whenever i want without annoying copyprotection schemes, renting or other obstacles.
One of my frustrations with hardware is when the developers stop providing updates for that as well. So in this case, Roland has three separate products they need to keep at feature parity:

Hardware
Cloud VST
Non-Cloud VST

To me, this means the non-cloud and hardware instruments will get the least attention as they are not seeing the recurring revenue of the cloud option.

So I have been subscribed to the cloud option for almost a year and thought the loyalty program was already in place. Did it never materialize? It still shows on their FAQ page as becoming available.
That is what i love about hw. They mostly are a done product without the need for hunting updates now and then.
When it comes to hw it is important to me that it includes midi din connector and if it is usb only i don't buy it since drivers might not be supported in the future.

No active loyalty program so far on the cloud but it is a good value for what you get when you compare it to other monthly payments as tv license, Netflix and so on.

"Interna" Series seem to be available now in the Cloud - SRX Dance Trax and SRX World....

Nothing on the site about them so far...

beely wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:13 pm "Interna" Series seem to be available now in the Cloud - SRX Dance Trax and SRX World....

Nothing on the site about them so far...
That's interesting since I was looking for those SRX plugins. No doubt Dance Trax is a rebranded version of SRX-08 Platinum Trax.

It's worth noting that those "SRX plugins" are also released as expansions for FA synths on the Roland.axial website. They are all in there (but with different names obviously) except for the SRX Supreme Dance et SRX Dynamic Drums but I realised it's because those were made in collaboration with Spectrasonics so Roland doesn't want to deal with copyright stuff. It's also the same reason why some waveforms and patches are missing inside SRX Orchestra and Keyboards. This was my little investigation.

I really don't get it... why don't Roland start responding to all requests of getting their one-year plugins? Ignoring it just leads to speculation and bad publicity. It just looks like they didn't think things through when they announced it.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Its obviously permanent licenses are going to come but is just not implemented yet.

You should request a dongle option for permanent licenses.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

So, is this whole Roland Cloud thing going exactly as naysayers predicted?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

ENV1 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm It would be sad if a reputable company like Roland would actually employ such tactics.
Right? I don't know how anyone could have predicted that Roland wouldn't live up to promises related to future software.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 am
ENV1 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm It would be sad if a reputable company like Roland would actually employ such tactics.
Right? I don't know how anyone could have predicted that Roland wouldn't live up to promises related to future software.
:lol:

Seriously, I bet on this horse though, so I expect you are wrong this time. :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”