VPS Avenger: Pulse Width Modultion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Formant knob says "also for pulse width modulation" but when I load a basic pulse wave and move the formant knob it sounds horrible. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Novaliz on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On which synth?

exmatproton wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm On which synth?
Ups sorry, I thought I was in a specific Avenger forum :neutral: I have changed the Subject :)

I just tried it with the "Formant-Cut" and slowly modulated it with the LFO using a sine wave, and set it to about +50% in the matrix. Seems ok here.

Ah yeah. I have the same result on a standard pulse osc. The dev told me to use wavetables...

I messed around with the settings a bit more and here's what I have. The file is downloadable. Don't trust the Soundcloud effect (compression and whatever else) on the sound.
https://soundcloud.com/examigan/pulse-w ... in-avenger

Novaliz wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm The Formant knob says "also for pulse width modulation" but when I load a basic pulse wave and move the formant knob it sounds horrible. What am I doing wrong?
Seems to work using the standard VA Square wave in combination with the "X-Side" knob (= X-Cite knob at "Side" mode) whih is the knob above the Formant knob.

I had also used a PWM wavetable that i created myself with resynthesis of a sample created from a real analog synth (sample resynthesis in Tone2 Icarus).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:25 pm
Novaliz wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm The Formant knob says "also for pulse width modulation" but when I load a basic pulse wave and move the formant knob it sounds horrible. What am I doing wrong?
Seems to work using the standard VA Square wave in combination with the "X-Side" knob (= X-Cite knob at "Side" mode) whih is the knob above the Formant knob.
I tried it that way too and seems ok here. But for my audio example I used the Formant knob (set to Formant-Cut) as that's the one he was referring to originally.

Maybe use a saw on OSC1 and a reversed SAW on OSC2, then slightly detune one. Would be maybe the most accurate PWM in avenger?

They didn't respond to what I mentioned or for most of the other suggestions here. Maybe he figured it out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... sFKlfM8pwE

Return to “Instruments”