what is the GRM update policy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tempted by the current sale but
1. what is their update policy
2. can they be sold secondhand? looks like it is a standard ilok thing but ...?

thanks

Yes they can be sold 2nd hand, soft iLok.
I have an old Classics v1.6 that doesn't appear to have an upgrade path, only from v2 upwards.

If you only buy one pack I suggest get Creative
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 am Yes they can be sold 2nd hand, soft iLok.
I have an old Classics v1.6 that doesn't appear to have an upgrade path, only from v2 upwards.

thanks - still trying them out but might even do the whole lot

woggle wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 am Yes they can be sold 2nd hand, soft iLok.

For me there are a few that are a bit meh, unless I find a use for them, or crossover with Soundhack. If you don't have Soundhack or checked in recently you can now buy them individually for about $20 each so only get the ones you like !!

I was lucky to pickup GRM Complete II for $200 so don't mind I won't use them all :D

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 am
woggle wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 am

For me there are a few that are a bit meh, unless I find a use for them, or crossover with Soundhack. If you don't have Soundhack or checked in recently you can now buy them individually for about $20 each so only get the ones you like !!

I was lucky to pickup GRM Complete II for $200 so don't mind I won't use them all :D
thanks I had forgotten about soundhack - I thought it was just Mac? The way the bundles are working I have to go through carefully and see what I want in terms of value for money - that thing of "there's a lot i have no interest in but getting the bundle still makes sense" etc etc

Soundhack definitely changes all that

Soundhack has been Windows for years :)
Some of the free stuff is awesome

WIth GRM, unless you are buying Complete II, you may need to write out what included in each package and come up with a plan. I bought Creative, Classic and Spectral. There was, I think, 1 over-lap plugin which I was ok with. That cost me $250 on sale. Looking at what I would get with Complete II, I felt it wasn't worth the extra $100 *and* being locked into the bundle from a re-sale perspective - however individual bundles will cost $25 each to transfer, where-as Complete II would only be $25 (I assume based on iLok's usual policies). :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:06 pm WIth GRM, unless you are buying Complete II, you may need to write out what included in each package and come up with a plan. I bought Creative, Classic and Spectral. There was, I think, 1 over-lap plugin which I was ok with. That cost me $250 on sale. Looking at what I would get with Complete II, I felt it wasn't worth the extra $100 *and* being locked into the bundle from a re-sale perspective - however individual bundles will cost $25 each to transfer, where-as Complete II would only be $25 (I assume based on iLok's usual policies). :phones:
I guess I was doubly luck as I received separate registrations for each package :)

The seller was a bit peeved as he thought he would only be charged $25 until he went to transfer it to me. He was cool about it though.

I already had The Spectral and Creative Bundles which Im selling. Creative is awesome but I think there was only 1 in the Spectral bundle I liked.

2C Precedence works quite nicely with GRM and Soundhack I find

Hi again and thanks - really appreciating the info. Went through each bundle and I am liking Spaces and Evolution from GRM, I think I cover everything else already more or less.
The only Spectral one I liked was Warp - which is great but not $99 great :)
re Soundhack -tried the free stuff and it is amazing but I can't find any demos for the paid bundles. Are there any significant overlaps with GRM?

woggle wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm Hi again and thanks - really appreciating the info. Went through each bundle and I am liking Spaces and Evolution from GRM, I think I cover everything else already more or less.
The only Spectral one I liked was Warp - which is great but not $99 great :)
re Soundhack -tried the free stuff and it is amazing but I can't find any demos for the paid bundles. Are there any significant overlaps with GRM?
Personally if I wanted to save money I wouldnt get the spectral stuff but when used in combination with the other stuff can get results. Put them in parallel followed by other effects to get interesting shit going. Slap ++binaural at the beginning of the chain for some nice movement.

++spiralstretch ++pitchsift ++phasemash of the paid stuff are the obvious FSU ones.

Dont understand why the delay bundle is free as its just so good!

thanks again VariKusBrainZ - looking now at the soundhack pvoc bundle and grm Evolution bundle and that will be it

(only joking, there are a few more things I want if they go on sale eg Unfiltered Audio dent 2 )

Do you have Soundmorph Dust?

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 pm Do you have Soundmorph Dust?
yep -

woggle wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 pm Do you have Soundmorph Dust?
yep -
Damn, want to sell my licence :hihi:

Return to “Effects”