VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Well this can't possibly be any good with such a limited set of functionality"

*Puts Dumpster Fire, Back Mask & Valhalla Shimmer after Lancinante*

*Falls into pits of hell*

https://soundcloud.com/ilmai/hellscape

Instabuy!

wesleymayhem wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am Bought this and love it. Other than Reaktor are there any other VSTs that are similar to this? Thanks
Look here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/ocea ... -synthesis

They have a drone box called 'ShrutiBox' and another monophonic sound generator 'Aeolian Meditation' which is also partly geared towards drone tones.

From wakax (kvr member and part of Makunouchi Bento :

https://soundcloud.com/user-764500959/l ... xo3h2W0hmM
You can't always get what you waaaant...

ZeePok wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:18 pm
wesleymayhem wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 am Bought this and love it. Other than Reaktor are there any other VSTs that are similar to this? Thanks
Look here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/ocea ... -synthesis

They have a drone box called 'ShrutiBox' and another monophonic sound generator 'Aeolian Meditation' which is also partly geared towards drone tones.
Thanks!

ilmai wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 am MPowersynth can do pretty much the same. Except that you can control pitch, gate, etc... Just switch to additive oscillator and hook partials to lfo, envelope, follower, macro and automate.. And use some insane built in multiband FX over it :tu:
(non-sale) price on that is 200e though, while the regular price of Lancinantes is 39e, so I don't think it's really comparable :D
But often available for 100€ and is capable for much more than Lancinantes.

sweet...this was an instabuy for me.

lol did i need this? no, but i have a sickness...i really can not get enough drone synths
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 pm sweet...this was an instabuy for me.

lol did i need this? no, but i have a sickness...i really can not get enough drone synths
What other drone synths do you recommend?

wesleymayhem wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 pm
chaosWyrM wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 pm sweet...this was an instabuy for me.

What other drone synths do you recommend?

my main go to is dron-e for reaktor...its great on its own, but its simply mind boggling when you feed it your own sample maps. there are really a lot of great drone synths for reaktor...too many to list here.

as for non reaktor ones....my top faves are (in no particular order):

wok - dronos
dr1 - dr. drone
m-rgt - psybox
m-rgt - ambitron

::edit::

though i cant really "recommend" the m-rgt stuff since they are now impossible to get.
ImageImageImage

Thanks much! Very helpful.

chaosWyrM wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm though i cant really "recommend" the m-rgt stuff since they are now impossible to get.
Wonder what happened to him/m-rgt? If I remember correctly, all m-rgt plugins were pretty nice.

I'll sell my Ambitiron if offered an extortionate price, take into account it's 'rarety and unobtainableness' ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 am
chaosWyrM wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm though i cant really "recommend" the m-rgt stuff since they are now impossible to get.
Wonder what happened to him/m-rgt? If I remember correctly, all m-rgt plugins were pretty nice.
yeah....no idea. he just kinda fell off the face of the earth.

and also yeah....i have all 3. they are very nice and were a steal at the low low price he was asking for them. i consider them "secret" weapons.

i just wish psybox was made differently. in order to use your own samples in psybox you have to use the psybox1+ version. its cool as it allows for 2 samples to be loaded (as opposed to just the 1 in regular psybox...hence the 1+) , but...it has no presets to get you started and you cant even just use the presets from regular psybox...it wont load them. there are quite a few parameters to deal with, so getting psybox1+ sounding interesting is a bit tedious. still though...i do love it.
ImageImageImage

Cool!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Somehow I missed this, even in the "best synth for drone..." thread. But somebody used it for Jamuary (adding envelopes to it with Bitwg :D) and mentioned it in their description. It's definitely my sort of thing.

You know what would really awesome? Imagine if it had MPE but you could use CC74 control on each note as a partial mixer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”