Re-Compose Spexx (Now renamed Venom and owned by W.A. Production)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bliquid25 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 am Can you advise what crossgrade/upgrade pricing will be?
I'd like to buy in at the cheapest price point :hihi:
No, unfortunately not as this would be in breach of the agreement made with resellers. We value those relationships, so cannot advice on pricing other than what was said above already.

I hope you can understand, as building these trust relationships takes years.
Totally, I had not even considered that :oops:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

bliquid25 Ok Roland good ! Glad i been able to help.

Spexx is so promising. Already an ear-candy in fact.

With its freeze stage that captures and accumulates the incoming audio, it's one of the coolest tool so far I've encountered for creating bizarre glacial drones and glossy icy soundscapes! :love:

@c_voltage: since you seem to be the only one other than me owning Spexx, how to you like it so far?

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 pm @c_voltage: since you seem to be the only one other than me owning Spexx, how to you like it so far?
At the moment, I enjoy the theoretical reflection on what can be obtained with it, and what else can I find there among the algorithms. Just, first impressions was be so good, that i'm afraid to scare it away lol. (Such "stretching of the theoretical pleasure" this is the normal state for plugins that I bought recently and which I liked). Sometimes it takes quite a long time, and as a result we have a pretty long euphoria. The same situation, for example, is still happening to me with SpecOps. Ie this is a some micro-wonders that can not be eaten at once a lot.

c_voltage wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:28 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 pm @c_voltage: since you seem to be the only one other than me owning Spexx, how to you like it so far?
At the moment, I enjoy the theoretical reflection on what can be obtained with it, and what else can I find there among the algorithms. Just, first impressions was be so good, that i'm afraid to scare it away lol. (Such "stretching of the theoretical pleasure" this is the normal state for plugins that I bought recently and which I liked). Sometimes it takes quite a long time, and as a result we have a pretty long euphoria. The same situation, for example, is still happening to me with SpecOps. Ie this is a some micro-wonders that can not be eaten at once a lot.
Is this from google translate? :borg: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:56 pm
Partly :lol:
Well, ok, In order not to embarrass anyone, i would say to Neon question - yes, i still very like it. 8)

c_voltage wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:18 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:56 pm
Partly :lol:
Well, ok, In order not to embarrass anyone, i would say to Neon question - yes, i still very like it. 8)
My favourite phrases are: theoretical reflection, i'm afraid to scare it away, stretching of the theoretical pleasure, long euphoria and of course micro-wonders that can not be eaten at once. These are all candidates for song titles! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:23 pm
My favourite phrases are: theoretical reflection, i'm afraid to scare it away, stretching of the theoretical pleasure, long euphoria and of course micro-wonders that can not be eaten at once. These are all candidates for song titles! :phones:
haha indeed they would make great titles especially tracks made with that spectral Spexx :lol:

All cool c_voltage, don't worry I've been able to dissect & kind of understand what you meant :P

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:23 pm My favourite phrases are: theoretical reflection, i'm afraid to scare it away, stretching of the theoretical pleasure, long euphoria and of course micro-wonders that can not be eaten at once. These are all candidates for song titles! :phones:
:D :oops:
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 pm All cool c_voltage, don't worry I've been able to dissect & kind of understand what you meant
Hehe, well yes, i think such feeling are should be familiar to some fx suckers (especially for those category who more dreams\lazy asses (collectors?) than busy in the music industry).

Does the feedback add a full fft window of delay for every time the sound is reprocessed or is all of that kept in the spectral domain? I like setting up fft things in feedback paths in more modular type hosts but the latency involved can quickly throw things off.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I’m super interested, but I may wait on the full release and be certain about performance and stability. I bought spectrumworx twice and they never got it together so I’m a bit wary until people are reporting rock solid performance.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Hi, Martin from Re-Compose here.

Processing in Spexx happens end-to-end in the spectral domain. There is no additional latency involved, apart from the inherent latency of FFT/IFFT at the input and the output.

bliquid25, Martin Gasserm, Oh damn, today i explored plugin a bit more attentively, and found that little white arrows in upper UI side can be switch (disable multithreading), sorry for that. After this (during single arrow) really appear cpu loading at high FFT values (and even very high at maximal values, until to cpu overload). But what very good - at default 4k value it show the same zero load, and a bit start to increase with 8k.
So, usage displaying question can say solved. (But about sound issues during switch to different fft values, it is still relevant, as before.)

c_voltage wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 am bliquid25, Martin Gasserm, Oh damn, today i explored plugin a bit more attentively, and found that little white arrows in upper UI side can be switch (disable multithreading), sorry for that. After this (during single arrow) really appear cpu loading at high FFT values (and even very high at maximal values, until to cpu overload). But what very good - at default 4k value it show the same zero load, and a bit start to increase with 8k.
So, usage displaying question can say solved. (But about sound issues during switch to different fft values, it is still relevant, as before.)
Ok, thanks for that. And, that sounds already much more within the expected range.

As mentioned previously, the implementation of the final version of the user interface should clear up / prevent these problems you ran into. And, also bring a few more abilities to the plugin.

It's work in progress, an updated beta version that closes some issues with VST 3 is going to be supplied later this week.
Re-Compose. Creative tools for music producers.
http://www.re-compose.com

Return to “Effects”