November Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the suggestions TBase2000 - I kinda knew it was lacking in higher freqs, mainly because all the sound recordings were slowed down significantly from the originals. Hadn't thought of using an exciter to add some HF back again, will bear that in mind for future efforts.

Wagtunes - the sampling was fun, just wandered round the kitchen collecting as many interesting noises as I could. I like doing that kind of thing when there's nobody else around :)

Good stuff kryptonaut, it would have been easy to overdo it and make a meal of it, maybe rice and peas. :D
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Yeah; I can’t get “gloomy” enough this month.
I’ll score your submissions however - best of luck everyone !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I'm hoping Beanpole is entering this month, I like the fact he uses mostly freeware and gets results.
Proving it's about the music, and not how much is spent on plug-ins.
I'm looking forward to hearing more of this months submissions.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Hellfog Killin it this month! That track is creepy AF! OMG. I feel dirty after that listen. Piano writing and playing is great man. Well done. I don't even want to know...

Tbase2000: Thanks, I appreciate it.

Judging by the entries so far (beanpole, wow) this might be the hardest month to judge yet.

Those of you nearer the bottom, no reflection on your submission. Everybody, so far, brought it this month. But somebody has to finish last, unfortunately.

Creepiness factor is probably going to be the deciding vote on a lot of these as all the submissions are very well done.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm Creepiness factor is probably going to be the deciding vote on a lot of these as all the submissions are very well done.
I totally agree, which means I will probably not end up first this month either. :neutral:

But then we all know now what kind of personalities we are… :scared:
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Random post: This is what happens when you keep asking a metal guy to play keys. I'm open to an 80's Christmas just as a throw out to try and be happy again. I know it's a comfort zone for many and I did live through that time. Throwing some humor in this depressing ass month but if you look at what the video is...this is one guy. All of it. He has probably 100 different tracks on youtube, parodies of different songs, and I absolutely love him. He's got his own thing going and he sounds ridiculously good with his recordings that you just have to listen and give props. Motivation food for you all sitting alone in your studio thinking you can't produce. This guy did. Check him out on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/NBiQPZxd81s

I hadn't even listened to Beanpole yet but he would be the front runner for that theme next month. You put a great track together this month. Seems like I'm always hard on you for your tones, but this month sounds pretty solid. Probably don't have the capability, but modern day sampler sounds mixed in with this track would be so good. Center 80's tones and beat sitting center and tight stereo field mixed in with current 2018 soundscape sounds panned wide and lush. Replace the kick with something modern and full. Just me thinking. Good track beans.

Wagtunes...don't be surprised that every submission this month is fantastic. These guys have incredible talent and ability for years of submissions. What your seeing is a rise in competition and confidence. Tracks are getting better quick. It was awesome that Noodles and Donkey set the bar way out of average reach, because it's inspiration to try harder, be more creative, use good recording techniques, mix with precision. You do that and you get results. These guys didn't go away...they got to work. I feel the confidence this month and that's sexy. Motto: Do you.

Tbase2000 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 am Random post: This is what happens when you keep asking a metal guy to play keys. I'm open to an 80's Christmas just as a throw out to try and be happy again. I know it's a comfort zone for many and I did live through that time. Throwing some humor in this depressing ass month but if you look at what the video is...this is one guy. All of it. He has probably 100 different tracks on youtube, parodies of different songs, and I absolutely love him. He's got his own thing going and he sounds ridiculously good with his recordings that you just have to listen and give props. Motivation food for you all sitting alone in your studio thinking you can't produce. This guy did. Check him out on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/NBiQPZxd81s

He is very talented, but you get bored very quickly listen to him, because almost everyhing sounds the same, always same boring chords. I dont think he pushing the covers far at all. But i do like he's cover of Slipknot, very different.

Plus i'm not the guy who listen that much on covers.

The country one? Yeah...that was a great one. :) I sat and listened to a bunch of em and had fun drinking along. Good for a laugh. I want that guys vocal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhXHINK7-o4

Here it is. Love Slipknot and this guy is awesome on his metal covers. He's hilarious. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”