Zebra, Kelly Bailey style.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tend to like this sort of thing, where the lack of a melody or whatever doesn't bother me. It paints a picture in my mind, and the HL setting isn't a million miles away from what I am picturing as I listen.

Apocalyptic is my first thought. Could lend itself to anything from industrial hell cyberpunk to last survivor of the nuclear holocaust.

I particularly liked the bleeps around 3:20 or so. Added an unexpected detail that suggests a camera close up.

sjm wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 pm I tend to like this sort of thing, where the lack of a melody or whatever doesn't bother me. It paints a picture in my mind, and the HL setting isn't a million miles away from what I am picturing as I listen.

Apocalyptic is my first thought. Could lend itself to anything from industrial hell cyberpunk to last survivor of the nuclear holocaust.

I particularly liked the bleeps around 3:20 or so. Added an unexpected detail that suggests a camera close up.
I'm glad you found it evocative. Thanks for listening. :)

This was a very dark dystopian soundtrack type listen.

I’m going to put on some Peter, Paul and Mary before bedtime. :o

Nice work!

Great sounds and atmosphere! Like the physicality of the sounds.

Just one thing, think the mix could use some EQ boosting in the mid-low and the very high end as well, to could create a more full, present sound.

fastlanephil wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:49 am This was a very dark dystopian soundtrack type listen.

I’m going to put on some Peter, Paul and Mary before bedtime. :o

Nice work!
Thanks! Hope you slept well that night. :) :hihi:
Monsanto3D wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:37 am Great sounds and atmosphere! Like the physicality of the sounds.

Just one thing, think the mix could use some EQ boosting in the mid-low and the very high end as well, to could create a more full, present sound.
Thanks! Was going for physicality. As for the EQ, maybe it's a matter of taste(or my eardrums slowly going kaploot) but I thought the low mids were TOO heavy. As for the highs, I just can't quite tell.

If people are going to use sinthesisers, this is what they should be doing!

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:37 pm If people are going to use sinthesisers, this is what they should be doing!
:lol: I do love sinthesisers! :clown:
Thanks! :)

indeed, some frightening stuff. I wonder how you assembled your sounds, down pitched samples ?? Claustrophobic listening experience, though. Nice work!

That’s great , really like that style.

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:17 pm indeed, some frightening stuff. I wonder how you assembled your sounds, down pitched samples ?? Claustrophobic listening experience, though. Nice work!
Excellent! Nope, no samples. It's all raw synthesis. Thanks!
Ingo Wegener wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:57 pm That’s great , really like that style.
:)

Esgalachoir wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 pm Thanks! Was going for physicality. As for the EQ, maybe it's a matter of taste(or my eardrums slowly going kaploot) but I thought the low mids were TOO heavy. As for the highs, I just can't quite tell.
Or maybe it's my speakers, who knows! ;) Great sounds though.

Return to “Music Cafe”