Soundtoys 5 Bundle discounts from owning more than one plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see Microshift is on sale for $29. I already have Crystalizer, and it drops the Sound Toys 5 bundle from $499 to $379. If I buy Microshift, will I get further discount for the full bundle, does anyone know? Eventide does this with Anthology, and really liked that.

Just bottom line, I'd like to get the full bundle eventually, but if there is no economic advantage (or a disadvantage) to buying Microshift now, I'd like to know before spending the money on it, just to have to spend even more to get the full bundle.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Yes. Soundtoys is great about this. The more plugins of theirs you have (including ones they've heavily discounted or even given away for free), the more of a discount you get on the bundle. Great company, great policies, great products.

I'm assuming you got Crysatlizer for $29 two months ago. I missed out and am waiting for that to come around again (it may take a year). Should they sell the bundle at a deal and there is no advantage in having crystaliser, I'd buy it off you.

Nice, it dropped the bundle price by $29 for me! lol. I wonder if it'll change when the price goes back up?
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.

You can get it here for less than 300usd.
Just wait.

The bundle upgrade will be half price again soon. Either BF or NY.

It ended up being a disadvantage buying Microshift, which is disappointing. I should have just waited. Still, it's a nice discount. But it was $379 before purchasing Microshift, it dropped it to $350 when I registered it, and the Black Friday Sale is $175. If I would have just waited, it would have been $189, or $14 more expensive. Instead I spent an extra $15 for no reason and will lose the license when I register the full package.

Devon

DevonB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:22 am It ended up being a disadvantage buying Microshift, which is disappointing. I should have just waited. Still, it's a nice discount. But it was $379 before purchasing Microshift, it dropped it to $350 when I registered it, and the Black Friday Sale is $175. If I would have just waited, it would have been $189, or $14 more expensive. Instead I spent an extra $15 for no reason and will lose the license when I register the full package.

Devon
You can try to sell your microshift license first, right?

Local Man wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am
DevonB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:22 am It ended up being a disadvantage buying Microshift, which is disappointing. I should have just waited. Still, it's a nice discount. But it was $379 before purchasing Microshift, it dropped it to $350 when I registered it, and the Black Friday Sale is $175. If I would have just waited, it would have been $189, or $14 more expensive. Instead I spent an extra $15 for no reason and will lose the license when I register the full package.

Devon
You can try to sell your microshift license first, right?
I could, but 1) I'd have to sell it before I bought the Black Friday special (unless you get an option what plugins you want to contribute to the full package? Eventide does NOT give you that choice at least with the iLok) and 2) it's going for what I paid for it, so who'd buy it from me anyway? Even if I sold it for half, I'd still be out exactly what I'm out now to begin with lol! I guess it doesn't matter right now, as I cannot even log in to their site to begin with. Says my account doesn't exist! I'm sure a part of the site crashed from being overloaded because of the sale and it needs a good swift kick this morning from IT.

Devon

DevonB wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:14 pm I could, but 1) I'd have to sell it before I bought the Black Friday special (unless you get an option what plugins you want to contribute to the full package? Eventide does NOT give you that choice at least with the iLok)
That may be possible. I think I remember seeing various upgrade offers for different combinations of plugins I have in my account in the past (I could be wrong about that though I guess). Anyway, good luck.

OK I can confirm that you are able to pick and choose whichever plugins you want to use to upgrade (the only requirement is that you choose at least 2).
Like I said before, great policies. Very easy to deal with this company.

I wrote them and got it all worked out. Ended up a wash in the end, which is fine by me. :) Between Eventide and Soundtoys (which is basically the same thing anyway) I'm all set! They were great and easy to deal with. :)

Devon

Return to “Effects”