alternative to UVI relayer (without iLOK)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this delay plug in looks awesome, though it is tied to iLOK and that's a non starter.

is there any alternatives/competitors to this plug-in? without iLOK of course.

thank you.

here we go...

every delay plugin EVER is about to be listed.
Ok, I'll start...

Replika XT ?

Relayer seems to offer about everything under the sun, so depends on what you want.

Replika XT offers lots of sound options including a really nice diffuse mode.

Late Replies has a really nice multi-tap feature.

sqigls wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 pm here we go...

every delay plugin EVER is about to be listed.
Ok, I'll start...

Replika XT ?
isn't that tied to NI/kontakt/DRM?

no iLOK or any shitty cloud/DRM i am looking for please.

if you aren't familiar with the UVI plug in you shouldn't be listing a random delay plug in.

what research have you done yourself?

frizzbee wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm what research have you done yourself?
i watched 2/3 of the overview video for relayer and thought it was awesome. then found out about iLOK then scrapped that idea.

what buzz words should i search? "multi tap delay VST"?

rubez wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:53 pmwhat buzz words should i search? "multi tap delay VST"?
yes, it's a multitap delay. but it has pretty extended functions for manipulation and i can't think of a plugin coming close. i heard of people playing around with ohmboyz infinity, u-he colourcopy, the eventide one or of course blue cat audio late replies. haven't demoed them so i cannot say much about them.

yeah there's nothing really that close.
End of thread.
Google is your friend.

Wait, nobody's suggested Melda yet.
Let's throw in a few more... ELTON!!!!!???!!!

D16 Tekturon is perhaps the closest in terms of being able to sequence a lot of taps and apply effects to the taps.

If you don't need as many taps (and let's face it, who does?) then Late Replies, as mentioned above, gives eight taps with the ability to insert other effects into them and the two feedback loops. Ohmboyz Infinity isn't finished yet but that also has eight taps with effects just on the two feedback loops.

A lot depends on whether you want the "taps on a timeline" feature or whether it's more about having a lot of taps for density. For the latter, something like Valhalla Ubermod or the Eventide Ultratap may be a better bet.

Agree with Gamma-UT. D16 Tekturon is also a more experimental kind of delay just like Relayer. For experimental delays there is also Sigmund from D16. I'm a sucker for delays and I suffer from GAS so I got all 3 of them
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

yes i would say i am looking for a more experimental delay. i'm no power user so the GUI is important and the GUI on relayer is killer, nothing looks like it will compete with that aspect of it unfortunately...

uhe colourcopy has 100 stock presets, so that is attractive to me.

i am looking to delay pianos, marimbas and other attack/hit type instruments. for ambient sound spaces.

D16 tekturon looks very nice.

i love what happens on the UVI at 6:55 "add feedback resonance using the comb filter" is this easily replicated with anything else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5dwohfKqns

One I forgot is EAreckon's EARebound, which I think has just gone on BF sale as well. It's a delay sequencer like Tekturon (although strictly speaking, Tekturon is more like EARebound as EAreckon's appeared first).

rubez wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:33 pm i love what happens on the UVI at 6:55 "add feedback resonance using the comb filter" is this easily replicated with anything else?
Relayer is pretty unusual in having a comb filter in the delay taps.

Ohmforce's QuadFromage has a nice set of comb filters and can be used as a delay, but I don't think it's got a feedback path for the delays. The other option, which takes more setting up is to pair taps (and subtly modulate them) to form comb-filtered/flanging taps.

Which DAW are you using? If it's Ableton Live, you can always lash this kind of construct up using racks with the simple delay and resonator components.

yes it's ableton live, though i really have no idea about rigging up racks. maybe there is a good preset out there.

None suggested are like Relayer. Relayer has many effects. The closest things I've come across is Sugar Bytes Looperator or Dimtry Sches Tantra . I was just looking at Audio Damage products and this also might be a contender: AD022 BIGSEQ 2 (there's a black friday sale on too, I think its 35% off) :phones:

Return to “Effects”