Swinger

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day, friends!

Swinger is a simple jolly dance-able track with some cinematic and retro elements that I have made over the weekend. Do give it a listen, when you can. I hope some of you will like it :)

Cheers! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/swinger

I enjoyed listening but felt that it could have been a little less hectic at times with regard to the layers? It was all a bit too busy - especially some of the melodies that could have been simplified slightly?
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

a nice electro romp. nice retro elements on the sounds. mix was a bit boomy.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

JazzyClarinetMan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 pm I enjoyed listening but felt that it could have been a little less hectic at times with regard to the layers? It was all a bit too busy - especially some of the melodies that could have been simplified slightly?
Thanks for giving it a listen, will sure work on the elements you have suggested :tu:

layzer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:01 pm a nice electro romp. nice retro elements on the sounds. mix was a bit boomy.
Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I will try to re-look into the mix :tu:

@0:58 bell pluck slightly too forward in the mix, needs some reverb or lowering.
Other than that, very enjoyable. Liked it. :tu:

Bansaw wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:54 pm @0:58 bell pluck slightly too forward in the mix, needs some reverb or lowering.
Other than that, very enjoyable. Liked it. :tu:
Thanks for giving it a listen and your valuable suggestion, sir. Will relook into the mix for that bell pluck positioning :tu:

Sounds a bit murky but the 'songwriting' is well done. Cool, alternating synths. Nice work. Greetings NR

Very retro.

It works, but I think the tunes are a bit too complex at times - take some notes out dude and then I'll hum them alongside my next goblin hunt.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:39 am Sounds a bit murky but the 'songwriting' is well done. Cool, alternating synths. Nice work. Greetings NR
Thanks for giving it a listen and your valuable feedback, my friend :tu: (Will sure try to improve on the aspects you have suggessted)

Captain Scarne wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:01 pm Very retro.

It works, but I think the tunes are a bit too complex at times - take some notes out dude and then I'll hum them alongside my next goblin hunt.
Very kind of you, will sure see what i can do to make it better :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”