Will there be an ACE 2?

I'm waiting for U-he to aquire the rights to Cakewalk's old
Dimension Pro, and give it a little modernization, and the ability
to use U-he registration system. Wouldn't break my heart if
they also had rights to the old Rapture, and z3ta+

Maybe even conjur up some cloud expertise
partnering a bit with Bandlab.
Cheers

z3ta+ ending up at u-he and being updated with a usable filter would be pretty major.

I assume it would be very difficult for a developer to update the code written by another developer.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:33 pm I assume it would be very difficult for a developer to update the code written by another developer.
Maybe not if they got the original code, and they know what they are doing. :wink:

I think there are a few cases (e.g. Image Line?) where plugins are no longer updated because the original developer moved on or died even, and the new owner does not know what to make of the code.

image-line stuff tends to use Delphi, which is rather exceptional, and not every dev knows how to handle that.

when it comes to z3ta+, if the skeleton crew at cakewalk was able to make V2 without the original dev, for sure, it can be worked with.

Dune 3 & Synthmaster 3
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I could see u-he perhaps taking an interest in z3ta+ (and Z3TA+2), as that was the flagship six oscillator waveshaping synthesizer from rgc:audio.

Not sure Urs would be interested in the rest of the Cakewalk stable. Most of the other Cake synths (such as Dimension and Rapture), were based on the sfz expression engine (SFZ sample playback), and were developed by Cakewalk after they acquired the company Rene Ceballos founded, rgc:audio, in 2005. https://www.cakewalk.com/Press/Release/ ... 5-rgcaudio
Windows 10 and too many plugins

sfz support is exactly why I'd want those Cakewalk instruments
at U-he, it get's tiring futzing around with NI's absurd
installer schemes, with tornadic installed path/folder folder
placements, and occasional data mining. Their software is great,
getting it on your computer, not so much. I better shut up,
before NI get's a clue, and buys the old Cakes catalog
as a pre-emptive strike :hihi:
Cheers

sumu ...

Massive X is the only thing giving my grizzled soul a flicker of a spark of a half of a meh.
I dont keep up with everything though. Zebra 3 will surely be something special.

Why are folks mentioning Synplant 2..?
Did SC give an indication there was some hope there or something?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”