Any soft synth you are waiting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mholloway wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm The one Cytomic is working on.
Is that sure? or speculation/wishful thinking?

pdxindy wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 pm
mholloway wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm The one Cytomic is working on.
Is that sure? or speculation/wishful thinking?
no im pretty sure there was a thread recently where someone said given his talents he should do a synth, then andy posted to say its in the works, but could take a while.

waltercruz wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:51 pm As a lot of people already talked on this topic, it seems that we kinda reached a peak..

But there's still one synth that I'm curious to see: the Synapse Oberheim.
Same here, the only announced synth that might make me open my wallet :)
The user interface will certainly be better than that of the OP X Pro, the sound as well. But I feel a bit sorry for the developer of the OP X Pro, for whom the free OBXD must already have been a nightmare :?

I think synthesis reach its maximum it sounds the same more or less.What else its not discovered?

lacandon wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:43 pm I think synthesis reach its maximum it sounds the same more or less.What else its not discovered?
Discovered? Nothing necessary... however, there is lots of room for more physical modeling synths. For example, Sculpture is Logic only, but there is nothing I've come across that does quite what it does.

There is also room for more synths that do flexible and high quality audio rate modulations with creative modulation options that aren't full modular environments. Bazille is pretty unique.

There is also room for more synths that do vocal sounds. Phonem is a fantastic synth. It also stands fairly alone.

MPE is barely out of infancy. There is plenty of room for development there too.

Basically, any sound can be made today, but how those sounds are accessed and shaped over time, that is where there is room for more creative development and intuitive user interaction.

i'm honestly hyped about the possibility of a synapse P600. hope it's not just hype. i think he has something good happening over there. he's about to drop multiple nasty releases at once, and it could put him at the center of the map instantly if it's right.

Richard's new synths are the hottest shit of 2019.

Wish him luck with OB-Xa. OP-X Pro will be the one to beat.

After P-600 GliGli and Memorymoog, he even hinted a possibility of CS-80 and Synthex.

Fun times are coming from Synapse Audio.

Dullee wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am Richard's new synths are the hottest shit of 2019.

After P-600 GliGli and Memorymoog, he even hinted a possibility of CS-80 and Synthex.

Oh wow.

I am waiting for anything that can replace Kurzweil K/PC3 series synths.
The combination of well made "workstation size" sample ROM, modular synthesis, high quality algorithms, together with hardware DAC emulation, has never been realized in VSTi form.

Arp_ wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm I am waiting for anything that can replace Kurzweil K/PC3 series synths.
The combination of well made "workstation size" sample ROM, modular synthesis, high quality algorithms, together with hardware DAC emulation, has never been realized in VSTi form.
The closest to that you could get today is probably UVI Falcon.
Last edited by WolfKay on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh wow.
that's some uninspired "oh wow" for what's coming.

open up a champagne and fire up a proper saludos 8)

I've been looking at so many synths, both existing and looking ahead to new ones, that my head has been spinning.

Then it dawned on me, I have barely scratched the surface of Alchemy and the other synths in Logic :P Part of the problem is that I downloaded the Repro demo and it just sounds so incredible...but I did a test with the lowly Retro synth in Logic, applying some of the same fx with plugins that a particular Repro patch had (sonic maximizer, chorus, tape saturation, verb)...pretty impressed at how the Retro synth patch sounded after that. Did Repro sound better? Yep :) But Retro sounded good too. Still might get Repro though lol because I always wanted a Prophet!

After demoing The Legend, and playing the older Dune CM version, I'm very interested in anything by Synapse.

Speaking of CM, played with Bazille (cm) for the first time, and that synth is now on my radar despite the fact that my sound design skills are lousy...just had a great sound.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:32 am
lacandon wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:43 pm I think synthesis reach its maximum it sounds the same more or less.What else its not discovered?
Discovered? Nothing necessary... however, there is lots of room for more physical modeling synths. For example, Sculpture is Logic only, but there is nothing I've come across that does quite what it does.

There is also room for more synths that do flexible and high quality audio rate modulations with creative modulation options that aren't full modular environments. Bazille is pretty unique.

There is also room for more synths that do vocal sounds. Phonem is a fantastic synth. It also stands fairly alone.

MPE is barely out of infancy. There is plenty of room for development there too.

Basically, any sound can be made today, but how those sounds are accessed and shaped over time, that is where there is room for more creative development and intuitive user interaction.
True but they waste it with those.emulations electronuc music become boring again.In the era of plugins music became breaktrough for everyone.

Dullee wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am Richard's new synths are the hottest shit of 2019.

well, it is not 2019, and there are no new synths out yet... so it's just imagination at this point. It does look promising.

However, I have no interest in the P600... it's very similar to the Prophet-5 and I already have RePro. Seems redundant to me.

well, it is not 2019, and there are no new synths out yet... so it's just imagination at this point
the thread is "Any soft synth you are waiting for?", not "synths that are out". these are upcoming synths in the works, me and many others are waiting for. I don't see a problem.

not just imagination. Richard reported they are actually working on OB-Xa, P-600 and Memorymoog, trying to nail them as close as possible, and expressed interest in doing Elka and CS-80 in the future.

these synths are actually more realistic and possible than people posting wishes for synth updates from defunct developers that were never announced or even promised. that's the speculation you probably should be addressing.

Return to “Instruments”