Any soft synth you are waiting for?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Couldn't care about another oberheim emulation as I'm quite happy with OP-X Pro. A CS-80 from Synapse would be cool though.

Modeling of instrument behaviors exploiting MPE; creating hyperreal virtual instruments. A sax from an alternate universe, or begin to imagine the possibilities of acoustic phenomena exploited as a synth.

Model Tuvan throat singing applying the slide dimension of MPE...

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:30 am
ATN69 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:52 am Dune 3 and Zebra 3
:tu:

These are the new synths I am most looking forward to :wink:
chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:46 pm FWIW, i'm looking forward to demo'ing Dune 3, when it comes out. Interested to see what Synapse will make out of it.
Some news about DUNE 3 (this was posted today):
Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm It should be ready early next week, we are putting the finishing touches on it :)

Richard
FWIW i am one of the beta testers (+ doing some presets) and i love it... :hug:
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm

chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:46 pm FWIW, i'm looking forward to demo'ing Dune 3, when it comes out. Interested to see what Synapse will make out of it.
Richard_Synapse wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm It should be ready early next week, we are putting the finishing touches on it :)

Richard
What are the main differences with Dune2?
Dune2 is already a very complete package.

Stefken wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Richard
I guess i am not allowed to tell more details yet but there are multiple new features that IMO make it much more powerful and/or versatile than it alraedy was at version 2.5. The question if and/or how much those are as important for you as they are for me is of course subjective and it depends on what you want to do with the synth.

It will be easier to discuss that when it is released and when a demo version is available.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

FM synth that sounds as good to me as a DX7.

Been waiting for a while now.

Stefken wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Richard
I don't think it's a secret that Dune 3 will have a built in wavetable editor.

Haraldator wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm FM synth that sounds as good to me as a DX7.

Been waiting for a while now.
DX7 is a digital synth.

Emulations of the DX7 are digital.

So I'm really wondering what could possibly be 'lacking' from the DX7 emulations you've tried that can't be summed up as Placebo. How does Dexed differ for you?

Ingonator wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:50 pmI guess i am not allowed to tell more details yet but there are multiple new features that IMO make it much more powerful and/or versatile than it alraedy was at version 2.5. The question if and/or how much those are as important for you as they are for me is of course subjective and it depends on what you want to do with the synth.

It will be easier to discuss that when it is released and when a demo version is available.
What interests me most are workflow improvements... especially in regards to the mod-matrix. Plus am curious about MPE support.

Those are the things that will catch my attention.

I am just excited as it is going to make me a prescient blue eyed Arrakeen trance God.

Synapse is making an OBxa ?? Well crap, then THAT is what I'm most psyched for.

I'm not really fond at all of the OP-X Pro II. Even with the UI improvements from a while back, I still find it needlessly confusing in a lot of areas, and I think the filter is... not as convincing as it should be.

I'm very fond of Synapse products, so this is great news!

mholloway wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm Synapse is making an OBxa ?? Well crap, then THAT is what I'm most psyched for.

I'm not really fond at all of the OP-X Pro II. Even with the UI improvements from a while back, I still find it needlessly confusing in a lot of areas, and I think the filter is... not as convincing as it should be.

I'm very fond of Synapse products, so this is great news!
+1

OBXa from Synapse Audio and new products from Acoustic Samples using their hybrid Samples/modelling technology, as the VB5v2 and Vtines are absolutely fantastic.
(hope to see an early rhodes suitcase, wurly, clavinet and a CP70/80)

yes, but does it do audio rate modulation?

Not really waiting for, but curious and very possible to purchase/upgrade:
Massive X
Dune 3
Zebra 3

Any future synths from Tone2, u-he, Synapse Audio and Native Instruments are sure of interest to me :D

Return to “Instruments”