ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Official support for: energy-xt.com
User avatar
Lempface
KVRist
99 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 pm

So I misread the description indicating 128 midi mappings for Reason was available in energyXT, would not have purchased if I knew it only had 16 midi mappings.

I requested a refund via support@energyxt.com, what do you think my prospects of getting my money back are?

ZonderP
KVRian
597 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Re: ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm

1st: Congratulation for being exactly 14 years on KVR as of today!
You paid 300 € for energyXT? :shock: :hihi:
You did know that energyXT comes in Demo mode with the only restriction being that projects cannot be saved?
Where the hell did you 'read' the mentioned description? I cannot find something closely related to what you described on the energyXT homepage...

No clue about your prospects of getting your € 19,- back.
Half human, half mayfly.

starflakeprj
KVRian
875 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Lempface is speaking of ReWire VST (I assume), and not energyXT, so, first of all, it's €29 :)

Specifications
- 32-bit and 64-bit VST Plugin for both Windows and Mac OS X
- 1 stereo and 6 mono audio channels
- Up to 128 MIDI mappings from energyXT to Reason
- Option to sync playback on/off

http://energy-xt.com/rewire-vst.html

- Up to 128 MIDI mappings from energyXT to Reason
I guess you with ReWire VST loaded in energyXT get up to 128 MIDI mappings, but only 16 in other DAWs?

Anyway, energyXT has been "dead" for a couple of years now, hasn't answered a single email I have sent, so the prospects of getting the money back is probably close to zero.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.1 | Reason 10.2 | Bitwig Studio 2.4 | Reaper 5.95 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions

User avatar
Lempface
KVRist
99 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Re: ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 pm

starflakeprj wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm
Lempface is speaking of ReWire VST (I assume), and not energyXT, so, first of all, it's €29 :)

Specifications
- 32-bit and 64-bit VST Plugin for both Windows and Mac OS X
- 1 stereo and 6 mono audio channels
- Up to 128 MIDI mappings from energyXT to Reason
- Option to sync playback on/off

http://energy-xt.com/rewire-vst.html

- Up to 128 MIDI mappings from energyXT to Reason
I guess you with ReWire VST loaded in energyXT get up to 128 MIDI mappings, but only 16 in other DAWs?

Anyway, energyXT has been "dead" for a couple of years now, hasn't answered a single email I have sent, so the prospects of getting the money back is probably close to zero.
Thanks for the reply.

I was debating between this and Bidule, since this was so much cheaper thinking I could bus all my Reason instruments (up to 128) to one of the 8 inputs on ReWire VST and then individually record them when I was finished. Looks like I'll be limited to 16 instruments now which is a bit of a bummer since I usually use more than that and any time I use Subtractor I use two to make it stereo.

I should have read more closely, not the end of the world though.

User avatar
Lempface
KVRist
99 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Re: ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Post Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:01 pm

ZonderP wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
1st: Congratulation for being exactly 14 years on KVR as of today!
You paid 300 € for energyXT? :shock: :hihi:
You did know that energyXT comes in Demo mode with the only restriction being that projects cannot be saved?
Where the hell did you 'read' the mentioned description? I cannot find something closely related to what you described on the energyXT homepage...

No clue about your prospects of getting your € 19,- back.
Bit aggressive eh? I was speaking of ReWire VST as in the thread subject, not energyXT. I also did try the demo of ReWire VST and figured the purchased version would come with some kind of manual or different features. There is hardly anything said about the dang thing on their site so I don't feel too badly for getting mixed up.

ZonderP
KVRian
597 posts since 18 Nov, 2008

Re: ReWire VST - 128 Midi Mappings for Reason

Post Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:01 am

Lempface wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:01 pm
ZonderP wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:26 pm
1st: Congratulation for being exactly 14 years on KVR as of today!
You paid 300 € for energyXT? :shock: :hihi:
You did know that energyXT comes in Demo mode with the only restriction being that projects cannot be saved?
Where the hell did you 'read' the mentioned description? I cannot find something closely related to what you described on the energyXT homepage...

No clue about your prospects of getting your € 19,- back.
Bit aggressive eh? I was speaking of ReWire VST as in the thread subject, not energyXT. I also did try the demo of ReWire VST and figured the purchased version would come with some kind of manual or different features. There is hardly anything said about the dang thing on their site so I don't feel too badly for getting mixed up.
Sorry Lempface!
Yep, my comment was not appropriate at all!
I completely failed to read the topic title :bang:, just read the description and therefore felt the need to be a bit sarcastic.
Sorry!
Half human, half mayfly.

Return to “energyXT”