The secret of bass enhancement explained (RBass, Maxx Bass, Bass XL).

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Kvr guys,

Our team have recently written about bass enhancement to demystify the technique used in plugins like the Waves RBass, Maxx Bass and the new denise Bass XL.

Hopefully you find this an interesting read:

https://www.denise.io/blog/2018/12/bass ... o-examples

Best,
Joe
Last edited by Denise.Audio on Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denise Audio - Shape your sound
--------------------------------------------
www.deniseaudio.com

Appreciate the efforts making this article. Thanks

phreaque wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm Appreciate the efforts making this article. Thanks
Our pleasure, phreaque. Hopefully it makes this technique a little bit clearer. We're going to be creating blog articles like this for all of our plugins, going in a little bit deeper and showing how they work behind what you see, with some unique insights from our developer.

Is this something that interests you as a producer?
www.deniseaudio.com

Denise.Audio wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:14 pm
phreaque wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm Appreciate the efforts making this article. Thanks
Our pleasure, phreaque. Hopefully it makes this technique a little bit clearer. We're going to be creating blog articles like this for all of our plugins, going in a little bit deeper and showing how they work behind what you see, with some unique insights from our developer.

Absolutely.

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Absolutely.
Superb! That's good to know. We'll keep doing what we're doing then. :party:
www.deniseaudio.com

Absolutely.
Yes please!
And thanks for the reply

phreaque wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Absolutely.
Yes please!
And thanks for the reply
Absolutely, we like to keep people up-to-date :tu:
www.deniseaudio.com

Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:10 pm Absolutely, we like to keep people up-to-date :tu:
Subscribed to your website mailing list, as well as your instagram and youtube, to catch up with new stuff :)
Btw, any plans to make synth or midi plugins?

phreaque wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:13 pm
Denise.Audio wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:10 pm Absolutely, we like to keep people up-to-date :tu:
Subscribed to your website mailing list, as well as your instagram and youtube, to catch up with new stuff :)
Btw, any plans to make synth or midi plugins?
Great, thanks for following! At the moment we don't have any confirmed plans, but there is talk about instruments for the future so it's good that you're following.

Which plugins of ours do you have?

best.
www.deniseaudio.com

Denise.Audio wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am Great, thanks for following! At the moment we don't have any confirmed plans, but there is talk about instruments for the future so it's good that you're following.

best.
My pleasure :)
Hopefully you guys will have a free time to plan some new stuff, there is always a room for new stuff, depending the trend of music industry now, seems Midi tools like chorder, arps, scalers are popular.

I was planning to buy the Bass XL, then saw a good deal of Denise bundle at plugin boutique, so definitely will get that bundle :tu:

There's a small suggestion regarding Bass XL, it's to allow having phase adjustment to the generated low frequency signal, that would give more unique sound shaping, check the animation to visualize the idea:
Just got the source audio signal to be split out into 2 mixer channels, one of them having Bass XL followed by a little AllPass filter to manipulate the phase. As you can see, the waveform can have really interesting shapes. Especially if the "Frequency range" on Bass XL can go above 1 KHz :hyper:
Or perhaps having the Allpass filter to be automated by an envelope follower that would generate some awesome lasering sounds :love:

phreaque wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm
Denise.Audio wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am Great, thanks for following! At the moment we don't have any confirmed plans, but there is talk about instruments for the future so it's good that you're following.

best.
My pleasure :)
Hopefully you guys will have a free time to plan some new stuff, there is always a room for new stuff, depending the trend of music industry now, seems Midi tools like chorder, arps, scalers are popular.

I was planning to buy the Bass XL, then saw a good deal of Denise bundle at plugin boutique, so definitely will get that bundle :tu:

There's a small suggestion regarding Bass XL, it's to allow having phase adjustment to the generated low frequency signal, that would give more unique sound shaping, check the animation to visualize the idea:
Just got the source audio signal to be split out into 2 mixer channels, one of them having Bass XL followed by a little AllPass filter to manipulate the phase. As you can see, the waveform can have really interesting shapes. Especially if the "Frequency range" on Bass XL can go above 1 KHz :hyper:
Or perhaps having the Allpass filter to be automated by an envelope follower that would generate some awesome lasering sounds :love:
Yes, we have the same deal if you grab the plugins direct from us (www.denise.io). Also if you create an account you'll be the first to hear about plugin releases. We're planning to give denise account holders a lot more exclusive content and plugin deals in the new year so it's going to be worth while having an account with us.

And also thanks for your feedback, I will pass this onto our developer.

Happy Producing.
www.deniseaudio.com

I'm disappointed that the blog post didn't link to the recently-expired Waves patent. It's a relevant part of the story, and a good source of further information.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5930373

imrae wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:21 pm I'm disappointed that the blog post didn't link to the recently-expired Waves patent. It's a relevant part of the story, and a good source of further information.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US5930373
Well thanks for adding it to the discussion, anyone is free to comment on the post at any time fyi!
www.deniseaudio.com

Interesting article, thanks for dissecting the main structure of the plugin. Maybe I try to replicate this using my own plugin chain...

Also thanks for the link imrae, interesting to read the patent even if the text is too formal and hard to understand (I assume it was partially written by lawyers so it constitutes a good patent). There is even a formula there. I might take a look at it later.

You're welcome, Jorgeelalto!

We have more blog posts discecting more topics - coming soon.
www.deniseaudio.com

Return to “Production Techniques”