Acoustica Premium 7.1.1 - features to be implemented?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.1, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

I would like to ask whether some possible features of Acoustica that were discussed before in this forum, if they have been approved, are scheduled to be implemented in the near future, as they weren't implemented in Acoustica 7.1:

1. Time stretch: when we time-stretch a whole file that shows completely on the waveform window, the new time-stretched file doesn't show completely on the waveform window - we are forced to apply a "View all horizontally" to see the whole time-stretched file.

2. A horizontal/vertical background grid in the Spectrum Analyzer and maybe in the Spectral Histogram Analysis.

3. A horizontal background grid in the Volume Curve. In that Volume Curve, couldn't the horizontal axis me marked in time units, and a corresponding vertical background grid then be added?

Thank you. Regards,

Paulo

Paulo-Brazil wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm I would like to ask whether some possible features of Acoustica that were discussed before in this forum, if they have been approved, are scheduled to be implemented in the near future, as they weren't implemented in Acoustica 7.1:

1. Time stretch: when we time-stretch a whole file that shows completely on the waveform window, the new time-stretched file doesn't show completely on the waveform window - we are forced to apply a "View all horizontally" to see the whole time-stretched file.
That one actually slipped through. I've added it in the bug tracker. It's a good point, though, and I think all processing that modifies the duration should result in a modified view port in the clip editor.
Paulo-Brazil wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm2. A horizontal/vertical background grid in the Spectrum Analyzer and maybe in the Spectral Histogram Analysis.
3. A horizontal background grid in the Volume Curve. In that Volume Curve, couldn't the horizontal axis me marked in time units, and a corresponding vertical background grid then be added?
Yes, these two are planned and will come. I'm sorry we didn't get them into 7.1.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

Another possible feature of Acoustica that was discussed before but wasn't implemented in Acoustica 7.1.1, so I would like to know whether it is being considered for implementation in some forthcoming version of the software: this is a History window showing a clickable sequential list of the modifications made to the audio file, as it exists for example in iZotope RX6. By means of that History list, we would be able, with just one click, to go back through several steps previously executed.

Thank you. Regards,

Paulo

Hi again, Paulo!
Paulo-Brazil wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:40 am Another possible feature of Acoustica that was discussed before but wasn't implemented in Acoustica 7.1.1, so I would like to know whether it is being considered for implementation in some forthcoming version of the software: this is a History window showing a clickable sequential list of the modifications made to the audio file, as it exists for example in iZotope RX6. By means of that History list, we would be able, with just one click, to go back through several steps previously executed.
Yes, that's already in the tracking system and on the "to do"-list. :)

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.8, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

About the possible implementation of a History window showing a clickable sequential list of the modifications made to the audio file, which was discussed above: I have just discovered that this feature seems already to exist in Acoustica.

When we make in sequence several modifications to the audio file, if we click on the small down arrow just to the right of the larger Undo arrow on the toolbar, we get an ordered drop-down list of the modifications made to the file. This list can be clicked on in such way that, with just one click, we can undo one, two, three or more modifications, in the backward order of their use. Again, no information about that in the Help files.

To the right of the large Redo arrow on the toolbar there is also a small arrow which produces an analogous drop-down list for redoing actions.

It seems to me that this feature plays exactly the role of a History window as it had been discussed here before. The History window, it seems to me, is already implemented in Acoustica, although without any documentation in the Help files - there seems to exist no need to implement something else playing the same role. Would you please make some comment about that?

Thank you.

Paulo

Just wanted to say, your professionalism and helpfulness in the face of these threads solidified my purchase over the weekend.

I mainly wanted the plugins—the EQ and multi-band comp are basically the only ones out there that work as I want, with the flat-top variable-slope filters... but I do look forward to trying Acoustica if you ever add plugin automation :)

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:10 pm Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.1.8, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

About the possible implementation of a History window showing a clickable sequential list of the modifications made to the audio file, which was discussed above: I have just discovered that this feature seems already to exist in Acoustica.

When we make in sequence several modifications to the audio file, if we click on the small down arrow just to the right of the larger Undo arrow on the toolbar, we get an ordered drop-down list of the modifications made to the file. This list can be clicked on in such way that, with just one click, we can undo one, two, three or more modifications, in the backward order of their use. Again, no information about that in the Help files.

To the right of the large Redo arrow on the toolbar there is also a small arrow which produces an analogous drop-down list for redoing actions.

It seems to me that this feature plays exactly the role of a History window as it had been discussed here before. The History window, it seems to me, is already implemented in Acoustica, although without any documentation in the Help files - there seems to exist no need to implement something else playing the same role. Would you please make some comment about that?
It would indeed be similar, but I still think a history pane could be a useful addition. Of course it depends on the use case, but I think some users might appreciate having the list of edits open at all times and going back to previous edits would be much quicker than using the undo/redo drop-downs. It's still on the "to do" list here.

Best,
Stian

Hi Andrew!
andrewklimek wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:38 pm Just wanted to say, your professionalism and helpfulness in the face of these threads solidified my purchase over the weekend.

I mainly wanted the plugins—the EQ and multi-band comp are basically the only ones out there that work as I want, with the flat-top variable-slope filters... but I do look forward to trying Acoustica if you ever add plugin automation :)
Thank you very much! Yes, plug-in automation would be awesome and is high up on the list! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”