Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
fuseaudiolabs
KVRist
93 posts since 13 Jan, 2018 from Duesseldorf, Germany

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:34 am

Fuse Audio Labs presents the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ plugin

Image

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

FUSE AUDIO LABS BRINGS YOU THE VQA-154, A METICULOUS EMULATION OF A 70S 4-BAND EQ MODULE.

ON SALE FOR ONLY $29 UNTIL JANUARY 5TH 2019! (REGULAR $69)

ABOUT THE VQA-154 PLUGIN

The VQA-154 is a faithful recreation of a sought-after 70s 4-band equalizer module that made its way into many broadcasting and production studios worldwide. The plugin emulates the entire audio circuitry including the capacitor/inductor based mid band filters, the discrete output stage as well as the transformers. Plenty of useful features have been added in the digital domain.

This plugin is a very versatile and easy to use EQ which provides classy and pleasant sounding coloration that always sounds musical, no matter how far you push it.

The VQA-154 includes
  • a faithful emulation of the original circuit
  • a loudness compensated drive control
  • continuous filter gains
  • stereo operation
  • linked operation
  • an optional mid/side mode
  • a linear output control
Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#vqa154

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaj3f4CUf8

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

db3
KVRAF
1913 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 am

First impressions are that it sounds lovely, and I'm loving the pocket money price. :phones:
Frequencies are a bit fiddly to change, might be helpful if the values were directly clickable.
-dthree-

hiltonsister
KVRer
9 posts since 13 May, 2018 from tokyo japan

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am

ADM 1540?

User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
1401 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 am

double post/delete
Last edited by Lesha on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's easy if you know how

User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
1401 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am

db3 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 am
First impressions are that it sounds lovely, and I'm loving the pocket money price. :phones:
Frequencies are a bit fiddly to change, might be helpful if the values were directly clickable.
They are, using right click.
hiltonsister wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:13 am
ADM 1540?
Correct
It's easy if you know how

User avatar
sqigls
KVRAF
3382 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm

you always have MY support Ray!
This EQ is superb! I just used it on each stem in a mix [Drums Bass Keys] and i found that each instrument ended up sitting in its own zone. It was actually a bit magical to witness really, the mix was good already, but with the VQA-154 on each buss, the whole thing just kinda fell into place... came together so perfectly. May have been right place right time, but it was an instant purchase after that. It certainly does have a 'vibe' this thing. I honestly was not looking for another EQ, there you go...
Amazing work, and intro price as usual. Thank you so much!
Fuse Audio Labs all over my mixes by now.

User avatar
fuseaudiolabs
KVRist
93 posts since 13 Jan, 2018 from Duesseldorf, Germany

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 am

sqigls wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:53 pm
you always have MY support Ray!
This EQ is superb! I just used it on each stem in a mix [Drums Bass Keys] and i found that each instrument ended up sitting in its own zone. It was actually a bit magical to witness really, the mix was good already, but with the VQA-154 on each buss, the whole thing just kinda fell into place... came together so perfectly. May have been right place right time, but it was an instant purchase after that. It certainly does have a 'vibe' this thing. I honestly was not looking for another EQ, there you go...
Amazing work, and intro price as usual. Thank you so much!
Fuse Audio Labs all over my mixes by now.
Hey sqigls,

Thanks for the support and for sharing your experience with the VQA-154 :tu:

User avatar
Omkar
KVRian
705 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:35 am

Btw,
big thumbs up for having intro/sale crossing 2 month,
it gives planning security notably to those with monthly incomes.

About time devs take this factor into account
and abandon the narrow "this month only" field of view.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
1544 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack. I'm at the point where I see a Fuse Audio thread with the plug name, just a jumble of letters and numbers that kind of run together from plugin to plugin, and assume I've already read about that plug because the name is so similar to previously released plugs.

With that said, Fuse stuff sounds great and I'm sure this one is no different. In the end, the sound and functionality is what matters, right? Just wanted to drop my 2 cents.

v1o
KVRian
1249 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Russell Grand wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack. I'm at the point where I see a Fuse Audio thread with the plug name, just a jumble of letters and numbers that kind of run together from plugin to plugin, and assume I've already read about that plug because the name is so similar to previously released plugs.

With that said, Fuse stuff sounds great and I'm sure this one is no different. In the end, the sound and functionality is what matters, right? Just wanted to drop my 2 cents.
Vintage gear tends to have names like these. Stuff like UA LA2A. I think it’s because the names were chosen by engineers and not by marketing people.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
1544 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 pm

v1o wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Russell Grand wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack. I'm at the point where I see a Fuse Audio thread with the plug name, just a jumble of letters and numbers that kind of run together from plugin to plugin, and assume I've already read about that plug because the name is so similar to previously released plugs.

With that said, Fuse stuff sounds great and I'm sure this one is no different. In the end, the sound and functionality is what matters, right? Just wanted to drop my 2 cents.
Vintage gear tends to have names like these. Stuff like UA LA2A. I think it’s because the names were chosen by engineers and not by marketing people.
Good point, that's very true. :tu:

eytanmich123
KVRist
152 posts since 21 Apr, 2010

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am

Russell Grand wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack.
Agreed.

Change it IMMEDIATELY to WarrioRayMyGotoBestEQeverMade :box:

:-D

User avatar
fuseaudiolabs
KVRist
93 posts since 13 Jan, 2018 from Duesseldorf, Germany

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:58 am

eytanmich123 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am
Russell Grand wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack.
Agreed.

Change it IMMEDIATELY to WarrioRayMyGotoBestEQeverMade :box:

:-D
Haha, epic :D

I’m considering HeroicUuberEQ1337.

Best,
Ray

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
1544 posts since 22 May, 2017

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:18 am

eytanmich123 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am
Russell Grand wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:10 pm
Another Fuse Audio plug with a forgettable generic name. I really wish you guys would choose names that stand out from the pack.
Agreed.

Change it IMMEDIATELY to WarrioRayMyGotoBestEQeverMade :box:

:-D
:hihi:

User avatar
Tp3
KVRAF
2133 posts since 8 Feb, 2007

Re: Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQA-154 American Vintage EQ

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:12 am

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:58 am
I’m considering HeroicUuberEQ1337.

Best,
Ray
Ray, that number ... 1337... comes again :ud:

Are we in for 1337 surprises ? :hyper:
What is best ? How do you define 'best'? If you're talking about what you can think, what you can feel, what you can listen and hear, then 'best' is simply marketing signals (ie. hype) interpreted by your brain.

Return to “Effects”