Sends and returns in MUX

Official support for: mutools.com
SparkySpark
KVRian
1320 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Skövde, Sweden

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi,

I'm putting together a really nice and good looking MUX synth! :tu:

The synth consists of three voices/layers. Each voice goes through a pingpong delay, an EQ and a reverb. For the moment, all voices connect to the same effect chain, meaning that they are equally affected by the EQ etc and it's a bit unnecessary strain on the CPU. Is it possible to rather use these FX with (AUX) sends and returns? It's not a biggie, but it would make it possible to have only one EQ etc instead of three.

What would be the best option here?

Thanks!
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark
KVRian

Re: Sends and returns in MUX

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Hmmm... when I think about it I realize the audio from the three synths must be summed up so they cannot be returned, can they? Perhaps wisest would be to have individual pingpong delays and EQs and then just one reverb, with audio balance modules before.
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

mutools
KVRAF
9579 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:48 am

Maybe best to post the MUX preset so it's more easy to understand what you mean.

SparkySpark
KVRian

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 am

Sure, I'll just complete the MUX preset and post it here for feedback. Did I say it at least looks good? :D
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

AndreasD
KVRian
833 posts since 3 Mar, 2009

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am

How about using a 1 in 2 Balancer module after each instrument as a dry/wet balancer and send the 2nd output to the effect?

SparkySpark
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for pitching in. Yes, my solution is along those lines. However, it cannot work entirely as the wet output from effect 1 must go into effect 2. Therefore it's impossible to say that a sound should go to effect 1 but not effect 2 and then effect 3... unless the output from effect 1 does not go into effect 2 etc. Then teh problem is the other way around.... :)

I'll soon post my MUX and you'll see what I mean. It's going to be great anyway and sounds awesome. :)
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”