What will be your go-to synths for 2019?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My good old 32bit synths.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I need to sell some synths in 2019 more like it. Only use Omnisphere, Diva, and Avenger. Very rarely Massive or Serum. Need to sell Hive (can’t sell Sylenth due to NFR). Avid also just gave all Pro Tool owners Falcon for free so need to dive into that.

Waldorf Quantum, Bazille, RePro, PPG Phonem and WaveMapper2, the synths built into Logic or Bitwig (depending which one I am using for the particular project)

Oh... maybe Massive-X (if it is what I think it might be)

My expectation is a very similar list related to 2018:

* UVI Falcon
* Steinberg HALion 6
* IK Multimedia SampleTank 3
* Arturia Analog Lab 3
* Native Instruments Kontakt 6
* Modartt Pianoteq 6
* Applied Acoustic Systems Lounge Lizard EP-4
* XLN Audio Addictive Keys
* GG Audio Blue3 V2

The only known modifications are the inclusion of Blue3 V2, which I purchased last month, and the upgrade from Kontakt 5 to version 6, which will surely transpire in the near future. Otherwise, not much will change in 2019 unless one of the said instruments is upgraded.
Last edited by Silaris on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Native Instruments Kontakt 6 is my go-to.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

My bread and butter right now is a combo of Hive, Diva, Spire, Chipsounds, Super Audio Cart, Gospel Musicians (FM Tines, Pure Synth 2) + Patches from Logic meaning Ultrabeat, Drumkit Designer, exs24. Nerve + uTonic for drums from time to time. I'm also finding myself using more apple loops now than previously.

I'm feeling more and more drawn towards Spire. I've heard that the devs are planning on an update to preset management, and once that's done I think I'll put more serious time into making my own presets. Something about those filters that just make it sound a notch better than anything else. I was hoping Zebra 2 would take place as my All in one super synth but I havent felt that inspired by it as I was hoping. Hoping for Z3 during 2019. Hive's new features look promising too. I have alchemy 2 in Logic, and I try to use that, but don't always feel the inspiration from the presets. I find that I'm a preset player/tweaker more than a patch creator. I try to stay in the upper layer of working on the song and not diving into too much details. (mostly due to limited time) Anyhow, I'm a bit drawn to explore more super synths, such as Avenger, Rapid, Falcon, Omnisphere. The main draw would be to find a new load of inspiring preset's that sound really good and cover ground that I don't currently have covered. I'm also looking to get the full version of kontakt to start getting more into sample libs, but I'm using the Logic stuff more and more. Something I'm going to look for during 2019 is a base instrument that can do a nice transition from fingerstyle to slap base in a single patch for funky/jazzy style advanced base stuff. Also I plan on picking up pianoteq.

- Dune 1, still like it and super low cpu usage.
- Beatzille, pretty much perfect to me. GUI without Tabs!

Maybe getting rid of Hive, not really sure about it. It's a good one with tons of great presets but the GUI kinda kills it for me (especially FX and Seq part).

I like DUNE 1 a lot. Pity he never sorted out the browser. I didn't upgrade to DUNE 2. Let's see what v3 brings.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

pantomime iv.

I think Spire, Sylenth1, complemented by the Korg collection and maybe Fathom.

I'm not holding my breath over DUNE 3, but I thinks it's sort of a win-win situation: if it turns out great, I'll go back to using it. If not, I'm literally gonna forget about that synth, like it never existed.

Serum
Spire
Zebra 2 (3 if it comes in 2019)
Dune 2 (3 when it comes out soon)

Have so many now I'm starting to lose track and need to get selling some that I don't use so much but current go-tos include Arcsyn, Harmor, Phonec 2, ANA 2, Rapid, Padshop Pro and Icarus.

HcDoom wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:34 pm Dune 2 (3 when it comes out soon)
You mean now? :wink:

I really hope it is Reaktor 6 (especially the blocks) will be my main waste of time in 2019 :D

Logic synths (Sculpture, Alchemy, RetroSynth), AAS Chromaphone 2, Madrona Labs (Aalto, Kaivo, Sumu)

Return to “Instruments”