DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Dasheesh
KVRAF
3294 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:47 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 am

If you literally can not buy the software becuase its no longer sold than i see no problem wity pirating it. You cant even argue that the dev loses sales at that point , if theyre not selling it.

It's not yours, you don't own it, you were borrowing it and they took it back. welcome to software.

Teksonik
KVRAF
12345 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 am

Frantz wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 am
I guess I am the only one who doesn't like the UI pretending it is hardware: a monochrome LCD "screen", wooden end cheeks, wheels, etc. I would prefer if the UI were optimized to be the softsynth it actually is.
You can make your own skin for DUNE 3 that perfectly fits your preferences. The default GUI fits my preferences although I will make some color edits for the dials etc since I don't like red. I love GUIs that "pretend to be hardware" since I grew up using hardware.

There are quite a few skins available for DUNE 2 from several artists so I assume given enough time there will be alternative skins for D3 as well......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Pyrotek45
KVRist
407 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:57 am

Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Pyrotek45

Teksonik
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:58 am

Dasheesh wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am
no one in synth history has had need for more then a 4 part multi,
You've known every synth user in history ? Impressive !

I've needed more than 4 so there goes your theory out the window right there....
Dasheesh wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am
You can cut a lot of the bloat IMO, but "people" would scream about it.
One man's bloat is another man's essential feature. :wink:

You're starting to sound like BONES now. You don't really want to do that do you ? :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

v1o
KVRian
1498 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:02 am

djanthonyw wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 am
v1o wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:27 pm
djanthonyw wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 pm
Teksonik wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm
Benjamin923 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm
So it is C/R copy protection?
I'm trying to find the official explanation of the CP scheme but am having no luck. I'll let Richard explain.

It it painless in my opinion and I'm very particular about what CP schemes I use. There is no need to send a Challenge code and receive a Response Code.

There is a small activation program in the Dune 3 folder that handles it but again I'll let Richard explain as I don't want to get it wrong.......
The fact that you need to phone home to authorize software that you pay for is what's off putting about challenge response... not the entering of the response code. I have a few pieces of software that are C/R, but I choose to limit the amount of software that uses such CP to a bare minimum because I don't want to have to worry about ever going through the hassle of asking for permission to install software I already paid for when it comes time to install on newer computers.
You are just fussy. I’m surprised you are not moaning about effort required in having to install software that you already own.
You’re completely missing the point. It’s about being self sufficient and not having to worry about how you’re going to use the product you paid for if anything happens to the dev one day. Something tells me you’ve never experienced that.
Gotcha. I misread your post initially.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o
KVRian
1498 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am

Been demoing this all day. It's funny how everyone is preoccupied with moaning and completely missing the fact that this synth just sounds phenomenal. The sound quality on this is breaking new ground. I don't even think there is any hardware synth that can beat Dune 3. DSP usage is also low at least compared to Reveal sound Spire.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Teksonik
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:57 am
But if the software isnt being sold any more and someone does pirate it, theyre not really hurting anybody.
All you've done is prove to everyone you have no morals. Wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter if there is no direct financial consequence.

If you don't get it by now I fear you never will. :?

Pyrotek45
KVRist
407 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:09 am

Teksonik wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:57 am
But if the software isnt being sold any more and someone does pirate it, theyre not really hurting anybody.
All you've done is prove to everyone you have no morals. Wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter if there is no direct financial consequence.

If you don't get it by now I fear you never will. :?
The not the point. The point is to warn richard that its a lose_lose if he decides to not sell it anymore. He should either continue to sell it or give it away, otherwise people with just pirate it and he has left money on the table from people who would have purchased it.

If he decied to sell it cheap it would be a great bargain and many people would end up buying it giving richard morr money for developing stuff. If he however decied to give it away i know for a fact that every music article would feature dune 1 is now free and thats a ron of publicity for richards other stuff. If he decided to not sell it at all then dune 1 gets forgotten and pirAted to hell. Its stupid for him to not sell it or give it away.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Pyrotek45

pdxindy
KVRAF
15134 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 am

v1o wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 am
Been demoing this all day. It's funny how everyone is preoccupied with moaning and completely missing the fact that this synth just sounds phenomenal. The sound quality on this is breaking new ground. I don't even think there is any hardware synth that can beat Dune 3. DSP usage is also low at least compared to Reveal sound Spire.
Wish there were some good audio examples...

Caine123
KVRAF
5659 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:11 am

Nice how richard doesnt reply to the drag and drop topic and the new preset marketing :lol:

Seems many more are not that happy. Im no fanboy of other products but others do better upgrades than synapse atm and i totally trusted them! Not anymore to suck like that and call it v3. And promote presets for a new version :x :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

zvenx
KVRAF
6966 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:17 am

From the time Richard included zero delay feedback filters, I think in Dune 2, it has really sounded great to me. As does Legend.
Last night D3 sounded much better than D2. This morning I am not so sure :).... May have been initial excitement :).
But it does sound great..but breaking new ground? Not sure I agree with you there.
rsp
sound sculptist

perfumer
KVRist
230 posts since 4 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am

So where is the gearslutz thread? Couldn't find it, am I that dumb? Well yes, obviously but... please give me a link!

Hink
Rad Grandad
28295 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 am
Teksonik wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 am
Teksonik wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 am
And im still very curious as to what will happen wuth dune 1. If he chooses not to sell it then its fair game to pirate imho.
So every time a developer releases a new version of their plugin they should give the old versions away for free ? That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen at KVR and that is saying a lot. :roll:
You dont read do you? I think he should keep selling it! Buuuut if he decides to not sell it anymore why not give it away if he doesnt plan on making money from it?
Oh yea I did read especially the part about "its fair game to pirate imho". :roll:

Look, obviously Synapse has their reason for pulling D1 and 2. Since neither of us has access to the company books we have no idea if that was a good decision or not. I trust Rich enough to think that yes it was a good business decision to pull them.
Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to, asking for information about, or blatantly bragging about using, warez, crackz, pirated sample content, re-printing material without permission, etc. will result in your post being edited / deleted, and you may be issued with a warning and / or a ban.
fix that for you, be aware that this is not the place even if you think you are justified...end of story
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12922 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am

Why is drag and drop so important?! Unless of course the source and target lists are like 3 feet long so you have to scroll a lot, or even worse use up and down arrow keys 8)

db3
KVRAF
2054 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:22 am

I've played with the Dune 3 demo for a few hours now. It sounds Dune 2.8 great, but a missed opportunity to overhaul the GUI. I feel a $130 intro price, with $30 upgrade would have hit the spot.
-dthree-

Return to “Instruments”