Seasons

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i wrote this little piece in memory of my mother who passed away three years ago.
I hope you'll like it.
Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/alias9593/seasons

P.S. : This will not be part of the forthcoming album "Earth"

Alias9593 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:55 pm Hi, i wrote this little piece in memory of my mother who passed away three years ago.
Dude, you can't mention details like that and expect any seriously honest feedback as anyone who said they didn't like it (even with detailed justification) would be thrown to the orcs.

On those grounds, I'll pass.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

I felt the emotion in this actually. When my Mum passes away then I'll write a piece for her too.
I don't think you posted this for "feedback" , I think you maybe posted this as part of you expressing your emotion in the process of grieving maybe. In any case, it took me to a place in my own emotions where I felt something.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Sorry about your mom. I lost mine in 2009. I wrote a song for my mom too. Honestly, it wasn't that good. I can say that now with objectivity. She would have been to say "Steven, that's the best you could do for me? LOL"

Having said that, this is very nice. Kind of sad sounding. I get it. On a pure musical level, it's haunting. It won't ever be a top 10 hit. And it can probably use some more variation somewhere, especially given the length, but if nothing else, it certainly doesn't leave one emotionless. So job well done on that level.

I've reached the point in my life where I have enough sadness so I prefer to listen to things a little more upbeat. So this piece probably wouldn't be on my "most listened to" list, but for a once in a blue moon kind of thing, especially if I've had a bad day, I might actually turn to something like this, either in listening or writing myself.

All in all, well done.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm I felt the emotion in this actually. When my Mum passes away then I'll write a piece for her too.
I don't think you posted this for "feedback" , I think you maybe posted this as part of you expressing your emotion in the process of grieving maybe. In any case, it took me to a place in my own emotions where I felt something.
When mine died, coincidently around about 3 years ago, I sat at the piano and played for hours and hours. A decent piece of mine even came out of those doodlings; I posted it, sold it, actually made some serious money out of it! Never linked it to my mom with anyone else though - private association - just for me.

OK, I get it - others aren't as private and might be doing it all as part of the long-term grieving - fair point. Me personally - I would've kept the association private, especially so that people could comment more objectively on a music forum.
Lord Scarne the Magnificent - slayer of the mighty 5th Devil Finger. Vanquisher of Nalareth the Ancient Green Dragon. Bane of orcs, goblins, demons and dodgy music across the multiverse.

very nice.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Alias9593 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:55 pm Hi, i wrote this little piece in memory of my mother who passed away three years ago.
I hope you'll like it.
Thanks for listening.

https://soundcloud.com/alias9593/seasons

P.S. : This will not be part of the forthcoming album "Earth"
Hello Alias,

For me it is to long the same ,I think a litle more variaton :D
But it is nice Music :tu:

Greetings André, :)

Thanks to all of you.
I just want to say a few words to explain this track.
Maybe i can clarify the point.
I mentionned the lost of my mother because it's the reason why this track exist.
No other reason. For me, it's why i make music or paint, it's an expression of my feelings, what i am.
Like most of you, i suppose.
Sometimes it's about joy, fear, anger or happiness.
Sometimes, it's also about sadness.
Lots of the tracks i make are deleted after a while because i don't like them after a while.
This one seems to please some of the people who have listen to it.
So i decided to publish it and make it free to download for those who could like it.
That doesn't mean you cannot give your opinion about it, a constructive opinion is always welcome.
It's true it's maybe a bit long but that' how i feel when i remember the days after my mother passed away. A couple of days where you turn things in your head and find a way to organise your life without someone who was at your side for so long.
Thanks again for listening.

I liked this, Christian. It's got quite a sad, sombre vibe, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly quite a nice piece to listen to, with the movement of the backing set against the piano. I don't think it's too long, but I have previous form regarding extended length compositions :wink:

I think I have 3 tracks on my SoundCloud which were responses to the passing of my dad. I may not be finished yet.

Good work :)

Thanks Tim, always nice to have your opinion. Hope to see you on the next AO compilation “Fire”

I don't think I'll be able to make it this time. I've been too busy with other stuff recently :(

Beautiful
Thanks
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Thank to you....

Return to “Music Cafe”