Bitwig 2.5 beta is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any performance improvements are always welcome. The clip blocks functionality is not immediately obvious how it works, will have to play with it and see what's what. Good to see things progressing.
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

phantomverse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 pm Pretty lame update. Will be holding off until I see something more substantial. For now i'll enjoy all my free point updates from the other DAWs I use :)
And that would be?

groovyomega wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
phantomverse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 pm Pretty lame update. Will be holding off until I see something more substantial. For now i'll enjoy all my free point updates from the other DAWs I use :)
And that would be?
GPU graphics acceleration (Bitwig seems to need this more than any other DAW)
Freeze function
Warping/Slicing in the Sampler
Groove pool/Swing templates
Convert audio to midi

-JH

phantomverse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:49 pm
groovyomega wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
And that would be?
GPU graphics acceleration (Bitwig seems to need this more than any other DAW)
Freeze function
Warping/Slicing in the Sampler
Groove pool/Swing templates
Convert audio to midi
Nah, man. I'm asking about these DAWs with free point updates. Hardly know any DAW which implement such new functions as Bitwig did with the last point updates (beside Logic).

Nice update :tu:

One issue I have seen is that the pointer doesn't pick the clip fades unless I zoom in a long way or first edit in the inspector.

Hypo Intellect wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:39 am One issue I have seen is that the pointer doesn't pick the clip fades unless I zoom in a long way or first edit in the inspector.
Confirmed... with fades being at zero, there is no way here to grab and move them with the mouse

I own Cubase, Live, Studio One and Reaper, what free new features are you enjoying?

BWS has had farm far more signifigant updates this year than any of those DAWs including IMO the paid updates of Live 9 to 10 and Cubase to 10, both of which were realy disappointing. This is a smaller update than the last one, but certainly not disappointing when taken in context with the other 3 major updates that we got in a year, and actually I am only just starting to appriciate after several hours use how good this update is, it just ‘feels’ better and the browser (which was already the best in any DAW imo) is nicely refined.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I earlier reported that my previous 22 seconds launch time was now 14. However, since the initial launching of the beta, it is now actually lower than that. What was 22 seconds is now down under 10. That is a significant improvement.

We're only .5 away from Bitwig 3.0. The glass is half full. :love:

T71 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am We're only .5 away from Bitwig 3.0. The glass is half full. :love:
:lol:

I cannot test it, the necessary servers for authorization are down/not reachable...
Anybody else has that problem?

mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:42 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm
mosska wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:32 pm c'mon! i need grooves and setting channels by default!im fu...ng sick! everytime i have to drop eq or tool or saturator by hand. its such a pain! thanx though for the new version but still....it means i have to wait(hope) till summer and even then they probably wont implement it.
Use project templates and/or drag a whole track to the browser to save it as a preset including all devices until then.

Cheers,

Tom
hmmm...thanx)...will try dragging the track))

Try create empty clip that you drag to your colection. Than on new tracks just drag that clip to new project - they take by themselves also all track devices.

10 seconds mac boost up time here too :tu:

and navigating around busy project seems much faster. a bit jumpy the first couple of times of zooming around, but then it smooths right out.

the Z shorcut very nice as well. Would be cool if a Shift+Z also zoomed vertically to fit as well.

overall nice work :-)

DALE

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:35 pm
aproject wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm For me update is better , my Panorama P4 working much faster. Thanx Bitwig Team ;)
Please provide more details if you would... What aspects are faster? and are you on Mac or PC?
Sorry :wink: Mac Mini , Mojave
On the 2.5 beta 1 version, the Panorama P4 controller goes faster, the previous version was blocked when I used browser in the panorama p4 controller. Similarly, all versions up to 2.2.3 worked quickly. Later versions got stuck. I see that in version 2.5 communication with the panorama p4 controller has been improved.

Return to “Bitwig”