Vacuum Pro for only 1$

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am I missing something? 1 dollar???

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... y3EALw_wcB

alonl6 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 pm Am I missing something? 1 dollar???
No, other than requiring iLok, there's no catch. These Air instruments have been going on sale for peanuts for a while now.

I bought it for that price. It's been that price for a while now.

Some people say Vacuum Pro sounds a bit artificial with the whole Valve/Vacuum tube thing. But I like it alot.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:58 pm I bought it for that price. It's been that price for a while now.

Some people say Vacuum Pro sounds a bit artificial with the whole Valve/Vacuum tube thing. But I like it alot.
Some of those folks would be a lot quieter in a blind test situation.
I like Vacuum Pro quite a bit as well.

Love the sound. Hate the UI.

No brainer...same for Hybrid 3.

I'm not a synth person (at all) but I appreciate a synth sound here and there to compliment real instruments. I have Hybrid 3 and I find it very useful for pads, but their lead sounds don't seem that interesting. Would you say I'm wrong there when it comes to leads? And from that perspective, how does Vacuum Pro stack up (usable pads vs leads, etc)?

Yeah I have hybrid 3, got it with my akai mini. Nice synth. good for modern stuff or more "HD" sound.
I will go for vacuum pro and Xpand!2.
What do you guys think on vacuum vintage (the none pro version). Any reason to get it as well? I'ts sounds similar to vacuum pro, but with less robust sonic capabilities.. as far as I can tell

jochicago wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm I'm not a synth person (at all) but I appreciate a synth sound here and there to compliment real instruments. I have Hybrid 3 and I find it very useful for pads, but their lead sounds don't seem that interesting. Would you say I'm wrong there when it comes to leads? And from that perspective, how does Vacuum Pro stack up (usable pads vs leads, etc)?
For $1, both are a no-brainer, obviously. I like Hybrid for some sounds. But, there's also some serious shortcomings in the synth. 1. It doesn't sound very "hi-fi" in the lower registers. I guess, there's a issue with partials, when it comes to the sound creating in Hybrid. 2. The interpolation, and the wavetable playback itself sound very lo-fi too. Actually, i had the term "crappy" on my lips, but i swallowed it. :hihi: 3. The unison mode is monophonic only, which is also quite a bummer in my eyes. Especially as the oscillators are mono, so, you can't really get wide polyphonic unison sounds out of it. 4. The envelopes are a bit limited. There's no option to change the slope/curve, for example, and i also find the two decay stages a bit subpar.

I'm sure there was something else, but, i forgot it now. What i do really like is its spacey sound. It's no wrong assessment when people call it "90's sound", it really has a lot of that, what i like. I actually considered sending them a wish list for version 4, but, i'm not sure how keen they are on doing one. :) I would guess there are no plans so far. Hybrid really has a lot of potential, but, some very rough edges too, which need polishing, to compete with other synths. So, it's a rather one trick pony for me, and, i would only use it for certain sounds.

Return to “Instruments”