Bitwig 2.5 clip blicks... what?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dgmulf wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:37 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 pmI suppose for people that do random stuff, it offers a bit more. For making a specific arrangement, I see no real use.
You might want to trigger a scene to create a build-up before automatically launching into a new clip block for the chorus/drop. That's just the first example of a usage that comes to my mind.
You can do that already... just have no gap between sections and it flows from one to the next. I suppose this makes it a bit more organizationally distinct as you can create a gap between sections. But you can do that with clip colours now.

You can do that already... just have no gap between sections and it flows from one to the next. I suppose this makes it a bit more organizationally distinct as you can create a gap between sections. But you can do that with clip colours now.
If the chorus isn't part of its own distinct block, you can't make it indefinitely loop.

brownerthanu wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:41 pm It’s for folks who play live.
It is like ...more!

dgmulf wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:48 am
If the chorus isn't part of its own distinct block, you can't make it indefinitely loop.
Yeah, but there is no way out of the loop... so you have to manually trigger to get out. Currently you manually trigger to get in.

You still cannot make a full arrangement and you still have to manually trigger clips in the middle.

Not saying there isn't some advantage, but it is very slight.

I bet sooner or later there will be a video explaning the fun...

Well they just got around to making a multisample Sampler video so there's hope. Hoping for sooner than later of course. :wink:
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”