The Moon and I (vocals by me)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys!

what do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgKfbbs-c8o

It's my favourite of this year :D

I pretty much like the song. I think the piano intro could be shortened to about 10 seconds. I can't make out many of the words. If you're going to have vocals, being able to understand the lyrics really helps. Maybe it could use a break of some sort somewhere toward the middle or modulation.

It sounds up lifting and has good energy.

That's a very pleasant tune, Jesse. It reminds me of some of the singles that Mike Oldfield released in the early/mid '80s. I couldn't immediately understand the vocals, but I had managed to understand them by the end of the track. I'm not sure if immediate understanding of the lyrics is essential with vocoder tracks. I remember when Pink Floyd released Animals, I couldn't immediately understand the vocoder section on Sheep, but I picked that up after a couple of listens.

Good work :)

Didn't care for the intro(just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the tune)...but beyond the intro,things got really spacey and interesting!there is something very vintage sounding about this style...very cool stuff. :borg:

Pretty good,I listened for more than 1 bar for once.

Talking of bars,I would perhaps lose a couple on the intro.

And the pad maybe went on for too long.

The bass is good but needs some variation.

But the basic song and structure has promise.

Good work.

Excellent music Jesse (although I would cut the piano at the start and use it somewhere else for another track).
Nice vibe and the vocoder is cool.
Spacey.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Excellent music Jesse (although I would cut the piano at the start and use it somewhere else for another track).
Nice vibe and the vocoder is cool.
Spacey.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

The vocoder sounds really cool in this. I have to say I was starting to get a little bored until that finally kicked in. I would think about shortening the beginning section for that reason. Pretty catchy when the vocals hit!

fastlanephil wrote:I pretty much like the song. I think the piano intro could be shortened to about 10 seconds. I can't make out many of the words. If you're going to have vocals, being able to understand the lyrics really helps. Maybe it could use a break of some sort somewhere toward the middle or modulation.

It sounds up lifting and has good energy.
Thanks! I could try and pronounce better, I think it must be that.

chop the first minute off and we have a very catchy little pop tune!
i did not mind so much the vocoder in-coherency sometimes its part of its
mysterious character :hihi: good mix as usual, enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:chop the first minute off and we have a very catchy little pop tune!
i did not mind so much the vocoder in-coherency sometimes its part of its
mysterious character :hihi: good mix as usual, enjoyed :tu:
Thanks!
I think I will make a single version with a shorter piano, or no piano at all :)

I completely agree with the others that the piano part doesn't need to be nearly as long. And then after that, I think you take a bit too long to evolve the track before the arrival of the vocals. But once you get there, this is a pretty fun track! Toward the end, it even has a little bit of a chiptune sensibility emerging at times. Nice job with the vocals, too.

Just browsing though stuff I'd missed.
Agree with the others about the piano intro. After that I like it a lot.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

davidstiles wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am I completely agree with the others that the piano part doesn't need to be nearly as long. And then after that, I think you take a bit too long to evolve the track before the arrival of the vocals. But once you get there, this is a pretty fun track! Toward the end, it even has a little bit of a chiptune sensibility emerging at times. Nice job with the vocals, too.
Thanks! I played it live at our wedding and I omited the piano entirely! sounds much better without. But you could also call that a radio edit, and then this is the album version :D

Yes, nice track, really.
Sounds new to my ears, and I like that, enjoyed listening your track.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.

Return to “Music Cafe”