Softsynths with "modern" sound ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote:With such an arsenal, you have access to a lot of sonic material.
I agree. On the addi(c)tive front, although every time I use Morphine I find it totally great for inspiring ambiances and pads (and bass), as well as appreciating the complexity that lies behind a deceptive but inviting simple programming interface, I wouldn't choose it for an additive synth. Harmor would be the one simply because it represents additive synthesis much more and there are a lot of tutorial videos from SeamlessR (and a comprehensive 185 pages PDF document by Jens Malgren made last year) out there to support it.

Cheers.

Looks (sounds) like we can add the new Arturia VSTi to the list. :)
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... s/overview
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

just run any vst synth through a distortion plugin till it sounds abrasive and obnoxious...voila! theres your "modern" sound.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:10 pm just run any vst synth through a distortion plugin till it sounds abrasive and obnoxious...voila! theres your "modern" sound.
:tu: :clap:
:lol:

Interesting I didn't see arguably the most used synth on Billboard right now which is Omnisphere, nearly every single Trap/Hip hop song uses Omnisphere for the main melody.

Also looking at Loom by Air and this sounds modern to me and I'm wondering if their are any other additive synths like this one and why does nobody use this thing it seems like a monster synth for pads.

seems like harmor is usually talked about before loom for additive synthesis although right now price wise loom is going for way less.

I need a synth with a pre-big bang sound, helpz?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:40 am I need a synth with a pre-big bang sound, helpz?
Easy. :)
Get any synth, mute the output and/or don't play any notes.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

HunterKiller wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:40 am I need a synth with a pre-big bang sound, helpz?
Play John Cage's 4:33 with your synth :hihi:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 pm
A masterpiece!!! Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Obscurium sounds very modern to me ...

zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:20 pm

except, as its before "time" existed, there could be no title, and even if there was, how would the player know when to perform the notated "piece"

could end up taking a fair amount of ones life, or eternity. whichever comes first.

That would be the dark matter friction "one-blip-only" fractal collider synth.

Or you could just start sampling old cathode tubes for a general effect.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:43 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:20 pm

except, as its before "time" existed, there could be no title, and even if there was, how would the player know when to perform the notated "piece"

could end up taking a fair amount of ones life, or eternity. whichever comes first.
Pre-big bang could easily include the previous universe which collapsed, forming the singularity of all potential which banged. 'Banged' is a supposition, and the infinitely dense but sub-Planck scale singularity is a theory, so is what I'm saying.
So who knows what synth may have been used "before". 'Which synth is happening all the time', disproving the concept of past and future, is the real question.

Also, too, 4:33 is about the impossibility of silence in any experience of a performance, rather than about silence.

Return to “Instruments”