Filters of Mass Destruction - audio demos

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

progress!

How's the destruction going this month ?

I'm aiming for a december release.

Looking forward to it :)

mcbpete wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 pm Looking forward to it :)
+1
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Are things looking still on target for a release this month ?

Plans are changing. I'm still working on the new UI for Oscilloscope Music Synthesizers. Taking my time with it, getting it right, and learning a lot that will serve for a better experience for the user when I create the FMD UI. Also, I've decided to take my time with FMD and maybe do one filter a month (ehh, maybe I can get them done faster) release schedule after the first filter, because I should actually be digitally breadboarding every filter as the filters currently exist in a "dirty / unpolished" state as patches in an experimental version of Chaosfly.

We'll see, I need to try breadboarding one filter inside a program like Reaktor (not Reaktor, just something like it).

Thanks for the heads up :) Yeah definitely best to resist rushing something out and fixing things later vs taking your time and making a much better first impression !

I am now thinking of releasing a free version of FMD sooner rather than later (January?), super simple containing just the American filter (clean/liquidy/howling/bright, with a bite if you turn up the resonance). Your classic analog filter sound. It should compete in quality with Cytomic The Drop SMP 2-pole lowpass filter and sounds very similar. I should do a side-by-side comparison when the FMD filter is working.

Any plans to develope any of these filters for any of the vst modular platforms like reaktor or Cherry voltage modular?

Architeuthis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:09 pm It should compete in quality with Cytomic The Drop SMP 2-pole lowpass filter and sounds very similar. I should do a side-by-side comparison when the FMD filter is working.
Now youre asking for trouble ;)

Looking forward to checking it out!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Interested very much in this thread
Subbed

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:22 pm
Architeuthis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:09 pm It should compete in quality with Cytomic The Drop SMP 2-pole lowpass filter and sounds very similar. I should do a side-by-side comparison when the FMD filter is working.
Now youre asking for trouble ;)

Looking forward to checking it out!
I don't mind a bit of trouble. I'll "put my money where my mouth is".
Nleif wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:06 pm Any plans to develope any of these filters for any of the vst modular platforms like reaktor or Cherry voltage modular?
Never heard of Cherry voltage modular but... hell why not? Yes, FMD is to be Soundemote's legacy and my gift to this world, the culmination of my years of experience with digital and analog synths and deciding that the filter is the most important part of a synth. Sawtooth + filter is all you need if you have 20 crazy and unique filters to choose from. I'll do whatever it takes to see my filter concepts in as many applications as possible.

Edit: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-module-designer wow I'm inspired. I'm tempted to see if I can generate profit with the Flower Child filter using CherryAudio and other platforms (the vst version will still be free.).

Take your time. This seems like am interesting project and it's important to release it in a crowed pleasing state when it's really finished :0)
Maybe a thing for me when it's really done. Cheers

i like the audio demos from thread page 1! would love to try those filters, they sound great to me

Return to “Effects”